The Generac Clean Energy team is seeking an experienced supply chain professional to work as a Global Supply Chain Manager with an expanding Supply Operations team.
The Global Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the strategic management of electronic component OEM suppliers worldwide by working with cross-functional teams and owning the supplier relationships. This role manages the execution of sourcing strategies that reduce total cost of material acquisition, revenue and gross margin improvement, supply base alignment, enhanced product quality, and overall reduction of risk.
This position reports to the Director of Sourcing and this position will be based in South Portland, Maine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and maintain commercial relationships with global OEM component suppliers
- Manage the Global Commodity Negotiations process while providing company growth trajectory’s and forecasts in support of cost reductions targets and material stock stabilization
- Understand supply risk, sourcing dependency, cost, and capacity for key OEMs
- Evaluate current and new suppliers to develop and improve service levels in search of continuous improvements related to total cost and supply optimization.
- Maintain supplier database and prioritize supplier negotiations based on sourcing risk, cost reduction opportunities, and strategic importance.
- Participate in negotiations of long-term supply agreements with OEMs to support stabilization of material/service cost, terms and conditions, while leveraging Generac’s market growth
- Conducts cost, market, supplier, competitive and contracts analysis
- Sources electronic component materials to maintain continuity of supply, build buffer stocks finished goods and raw materials, in support of risk mitigation plans
- Support site and/or engineering in sourcing critical components related to shortages; escalation may include addressing supplier performance issues, escalation within the supplier hierarchy and recommendations for alternative source development
- Optimize the supply chain from our suppliers through to our customers by focusing on lead time reduction.
- Participate and/or lead cross-functional teams related to quality, price, inventories and availability of materials.
- Report on supplier and commodity market analysis by monitoring trends.
- Participate in Supplier quality audits for conformance to corporate requirements.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- 5 year’s experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or other related experience;
- Ability to travel internationally 20% of the time.
- MBA preferred;
- Experience with external manufacturing (outsourcing) electro-mechanical assemblies;
- Previous experience with procurement and critical material sourcing
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in cost reduction and bidding techniques to maximize value;
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers;
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and strategic supplier concepts;
- Familiarity with electronic component sales models
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of supplier contracts, product conformity, quality tool box, and problem solving methodologies;
- ERP knowledge.