- Develop global standard policies, procedures, processes, and metrics for all supermarket/warehouse operations.
- Working with Plant Managers to drive the full implementation of these policies, procedures, processes, and metrics across Globe.
- Coach and develop specific plans to improve material flow into the manufacturing warehouse and from the warehouse to the production floor.
- May provide strategic input into senior management’s decisions which will have long-term business impact.
- This position will require travel to suppliers, other Rockwell facilities, and other business partners both in the U.S and abroad up to 75%
- Apply an advanced knowledge of materials and supply chain management and draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans within the primary functional areas. Implement or assist in the implementation of strategic plans within these areas.
- Provide analysis and metrics and work with manufacturing plants and purchasing to drive improvements in lot sizes and lead times for all materials supplied internally and externally.
- Lead initiatives involving material flow and PFEP in manufacturing cells through partnership with production and engineering.
- Work closely with IT functions to suggest maintenance and enhancements to business and manufacturing systems to improve our ability to comply with inventory objectives and improve responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Increase the productive capacity of the working groups by initiating new ideas, processes and systems.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing appropriate support and leadership in the areas of Shipping and Receiving for all Operations activities within our manufacturing facilities.
Work closely with DMI and other distributor inventory information systems to develop understanding of channel inventories and the impact on the business. Provide tools and information to better utilize this information in customer service, marketing, and manufacturing planning.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Engineering, Operations/Materials, Supply Chain or a related technical discipline
- 12+ years of production or warehouse supervisory experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong experience in supermarket/warehouse management
- Experience within a production/inventory control environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing a plan for every part, warehouse racking and material flow systems
- Working knowledge of an ERP systems is essential, preferably SAP
- APICS certification
- Experience working in locations outside of the US, and/or leading teams across boundaries