We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join us as our new Global Director of Strategic Planning-Polyurethanes division at our corporate headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas.(Houston Metro) This role is highly visible and will be a critical contributor to the development and execution of the long term global business strategy across the global.
What will you be responsible for?
- Development of the long term business strategic plan and be a leader in identifying new market opportunities and projects related to emerging strategic business opportunities.
- Develop and own the data (market size, growth, occupacity) and analytical tools (e.g. growth vs GDP) for used to asses/monitor the Polyurethane Industry. You will also provide and maintain competitive profiles to ensure the business is aware, informed and acting regarding competitive activity throughout the value chain.
- Ensure the successful execution of the overall business strategy, leading a planning process and working closely with the Global Leadership Team (GLT). In support of the planning process the ideal candidate will maintain a detailed model of the value of the business as created by delivery of the strategic plan.
- Lead specific growth related initiatives by initiating investment to support value growth market ambitions on a 3 to 5 year timeframe.
- Support key capital investments to ensure delivery of a 5 to 10 year growth plan and optimization of existing assets and resources.
- Lead regular strategic reviews with the GLT and support regional and business strategy events throughout the global business.
- Develop and implement strategic planning tools to drive key projects/initiatives.
- Define relevant KPIs to measure the successful execution of the business strategy.
- Interface at the wider company level with corporate finance, planning and other executive teams and will work closely with the divisional VP finance and President opposite the investor community.
- Working with broad direction from both the divisional President and the VP Global Finance & Strategic planning, the jobholder will demonstrate high energy and passion for success in business.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- At least 10 years of experience in the Chemical industry. A Polyurethanes background is an asset with a significant experience in strategic planning and marketing and proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience in the use and interpretation of financial statements and financialreports as well as with investment analysis methods and financial modeling tools. Strong analytical capabilities are a must.
- Often acting as a change agent, the ideal candidate will have strong results driven orientation whilst demonstrating very high personal standards in areas of corporate governance, EHS and compliance.
- Fluency in English.(Verbal and Written)
- University degree in business, engineering or chemistry required. MBA highly preferred