The Strategic Global ISV Alliance Manager is responsible for building a strategic relationship with designated partners, specifically Oracle, to drive revenue and market share expansion for Xactly. Primary job duties are focused on establishing and leading the global strategy and business planning which includes; driving pipeline creation, revenue expansion, cross functional alignment, and GTM execution with the assigned partner(s). The Strategic Global Alliance Manager will work within Xactly as well within the partner’s organization through building credibility, effective communication, evangelizing the Xactly value proposition, strategy and vision and cultivating key executive and sales leader relationships that result in an effective partnership that delivers material impact to the partner and Xactly.
This is an individual contributor role and performance will be measured by the following key metrics: joint pipeline creation, partner referrals to Xactly, co-selling and partner influence activity within customers and prospects to drive our business expansion.
At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
- Develop and own the business relationship and cultivate relationships with designated strategic partner(s) including Oracle and develop a joint strategy that has a long-term focus.
- Develop a business plan and success metrics that are aligned to Xactly and the partner’s business priorities worldwide.
- Provide thought leadership to guide program development and execution plans that articulate the joint value propositions and “better together story” of the partnership.
- Build and execute jointly invested global, GTM sales and marketing strategies to engage the partner and drive business development opportunities in combination with the partner’s solutions. These business plans will have worldwide scope.
- Drive Go To Market (GTM) activities; work with Xactly Sales AE’s and partner’s sales teams to enable joint account planning to generate revenue, both net-new and within existing accounts. Effectively collaborate across the partner’s selling resources and strategic route to market value chain (including SIs,) to enable pipeline development, sales wins and implementation services that translate to market share and revenue growth for Xactly and its strategic ISV partner.
- Build and nurture relationships with the partner’s sales, marketing and product management teams to further our mutual business objectives.
- Confidently evangelize the Xactly story, strategy and vision to internal leaders and alliance business leaders and the partner’s sales staff.
- Collaborate with Xactly’s Global Strategic Systems Integrator alliance team to leverage the SI’s and ISV practices
- Work with Xactly marketing and partner’s marketing organization to develop and execute marketing joint marketing programs and events. Establish the tone, direction, key value proposition messaging, content, and logistics
- Be the subject matter expert on solutions delivered through partnership and articulate Xactly’s benefits and advantages.
- Own the success of the partner’s onboarding. Work with Xactly’s technical and sales enablement to develop and execute the onboarding, sales training and certification plan for the partner’s sales resources. Track the partner’s training activity; promote training initiatives as it pertains to our business with the strategic partner.
- Track partner’s sales and technical certifications; promote training initiatives as it pertains to our business with the strategic partner.
- Track/Measure partnership KPIs and measure the ROI of program execution
- Provide status information to Xactly Management including Xactly + Partner forecast & pipeline information
- Evaluate the strategic partner’s strategies and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- Lead partnership QBRs, and measure partner performance against pre-established business metrics and partnership scorecards aligned to Xactly and partner objectives
- Promote an inspiring and positive attitude during face-to-face, verbal, and written communications
Xactly’s Alliances team is a tight-knit and growing team, looking to expand and add individuals with diverse backgrounds, the hunger to achieve, and drive a complex and intellectual sale amongst our partners. Our team’s goal is to set partners up for success and transform the way C-level executives think about Sales Performance Management.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA, or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years of alliance/ partner management experience in working with ISVs or SIs in the enterprise software market.
- Previous experience in managing relationships with Oracle required
- Possess requisite technical and business acumen with broad industry knowledge
- Experience achieving annual revenue results of at least $5M, with a proven track record of growth
- Strong knowledge of GTM models, including sell with, sell to, sell through, co-branding, and OEM
- Demonstrated success in leading global cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated strength in public speaking
- Highly skilled at developing executive-level relationships.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Understand Xactly’s portfolio, value propositions to the market and the sales tools and resources you’ll be utilizing
- Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
- Start building relationships within Xactly: sales teams, partner marketing, partner sales enablement
- Build key relationships with Xactly’s Global SI Alliance leaders to leverage ISV partnerships with the GSIs
- Meet with the Global Strategic Partners you are responsible for and start understanding their business priorities and begin building relationships so you can develop the mutual business plan for the partnership.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Complete briefing sessions for partners on Xactly’s strategy, SPM messaging and portfolio capabilities
- Finalize a mutual business plan for the partnerships that includes Strategy, tactics and key metrics for the partnership on a global level
- Evangelize the partnership, including the joint value proposition, with sales teams to ensure awareness and collaboration.
- Work to develop and drive Go to Market (GTM) activities, including joint account planning with Xactly and partner Account Executives
- Generate pipeline and set up joint Go To Customer and Go To Market plans including joint account plans for key accounts with the guidance of the Partner & Alliances leadership
- Report on partner performance against pre-established business metrics and partnership scorecards aligned with Xactly and partner objectives. Provide monthly dashboard report on progress against objectives and partnership KPIs to Xactly regional sales and alliances leadership
- Hold the first partnership QBR
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Have built key relationships with Partner’s executive leaders and partner’s sales leaders and developed a collaborative working relationship with partner staff based on trust, and mutual respect based on the business perspective of shared risk and shared reward.
- Implement robust performance measures and monthly reviews, using data driven analytics, to drive partner execution
- Hold two (2) QBRs between Xactly leadership and partner’s leadership team to update on progress of initiatives against business objectives.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be seen as a well-versed, trusted business-advisor (internally and externally), making a significant positive impact company-wide
- Achieve revenue commitments and targets around partner sourced opportunities, co-selling, pipeline building objectives, and solid ROI on the joint GTM programs.