About the role:
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and execute sourcing strategies and supplier management strategies for Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunication (Telecom) suppliers to reduce costs without compromising quality. The individual will be responsible for strategic sourcing, negotiations and management of major contracts for the company. In addition, this position is responsible for leveraging relationships between BSC sites, divisions, and strategic supplier base to improve organizational efficiency and optimize business and financial opportunities. The individual should be able to partner with our Chief Information Officer and his leadership team to optimize IT expenditures for company.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in IT/Telecom categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Provide strategic influence while building relationships with outside suppliers and respective internal leads to increase organizational integration and efficiency
- Lead and support enterprise governance process and supplier management of outsourced providers (including the development and implementation of key performance metrics)
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to supplier selection and management.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Develop relationships and a sourcing operating model with IS leadership
- Negotiate new agreements and SOWs in support of key sourcing areas
- Support function in due diligence and solution creation for outsourcing
- Conduct periodic market analysis of rates and other commercial terms
- Understand and promote best practices in outsourcing
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
What we’re looking for:
- An undergraduatedegree in a related field and equivalent experience is required. An advanced degree (MBA) and professional certification (e.g., C.P.M.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 year’s experience in procurement-related activities as well as business process design and organizational change.
- A background in IT or Telecom sourcing is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytics competencies, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize and strategize each opportunity to yield optimum results.
- Well-honed skills in influencing, building consensus, and implementing change management programs
- Business acumen to influence parties outside of the direct span of control.
- Proficient at building business cases and presenting these cases to senior management.
NOTE: The position will involve some travel to meet with suppliers and stakeholders
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 401656