With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Supported by $298 million from investors including Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Director, NPI Materials and Strategic Sourcing
What You Will Be Doing
The Global Sourcing Manager (GSM) will facilitate the management of ChargePoint Suppliers. This key individual will understand all market aspects and be recognized as the global industry expert within ChargePoint.. The GSM position is a focal point for ChargePoint and is responsible for driving the adoption of commodity strategies into the engineering’s design and/or manufacturing objectives.
As the Global Commodity Manager you are responsible for leading the team effort for:
- Developing cost models and understanding cost drivers.
- Cost Reduction
- Risk Mitigation
- Being the recognized expert for global market information: long term supply, demand, capacity, price, market segments, competition, short and long-term market trends, and environmental and/or regulatory implications.
- Developing complex, global and comprehensive supplier-buyer contractual relationships.
- Developing negotiation strategies and driving negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Developing and documenting negotiation and contracting process consistent with commodity strategy.
- Own communication for contract data and volumes across global teams supply base as appropriate.
- Leverage supplier capabilities and business opportunities on a domestic and international basis.
- Primary owner for the supplier relationship. With technology partners, and in accordance with the commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, qualification, development and overall supplier management.
- Work with Strategic Technology Leaders and Supplier Quality Engineering to integrate ChargePoint supplier performance requirements into all suppliers.
- Develop commodity specific performance criteria and award/remove business in accordance with results.
- Work with suppliers to drive improvement on all areas measured within the supplier scorecard.
- Drive global supply base consolidation analysis, planning and implementation.
- Exhibit systems and metrics knowledge
- Supply Chain program management at the component level.
- 5+ years Global Client Management or Commodity Management experience
- BS Engineering or related field, or demonstrated relevant working experience
- Preferred technical knowledge and market expertise in complex PCBA and Cable manufacturing
- Experience with developing a sourcing plan reflective of portfolio management: long-term agreements or annual contracts or purchase contracts, etc. is required
- Experience with ERP, MRP Systems
- Strategic business process leadership, innovative, results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate with senior management, internally and externally, for effective commodity strategy execution is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure, to achieve requested timing and quality of assigned tasks
- Willing to Travel approximately 20%