Butterfly is seeking a Global Sourcing Manager to help drive the development and manufacturing of our handheld ultrasound probe supply chain. In this role, you will manage and improve our existing partners and help map out the future commodity management partner strategy.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the relationship management and performance measurement and improvement of electrical component suppliers, commodity suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Negotiate and manage part costs, including NRE, associated with new product introduction and sustaining production
- Partner with internal Engineering, Product Management, Sourcing, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to develop improvement plans and drive improvements throughout the product life cycle.
- Work with the legal team on manufacturing service agreements and ensure contract compliance.
- Develop, implement and lead a new electrical component partner, commodity partner and contract manufacturer selection process as well as the RFQ/RFP process.
- Lead executive-level quarterly business reviews (QBR) with critical partners.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- 10+ years in managing outsourced manufacturing, Tier 2 suppliers, and development of consumer electronics
- Extensive project management and partner relationship management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution
- Demonstrated experience managing by influence, both with internal and external partners
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and performance metrics in the contract manufacturing industry
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites.
- Ability to travel internationally 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME, EE, IE, Business, or Supply Chain Management
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or MBA
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team