At Equinix, we believe that our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create the Magic of Equinix. They share a passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything they do.
Does being at the epicenter of IT transformation excite you? Building a career where you enable clients to transform their business? If so, a Global Solutions Architect role is your career choice.
Equinix was created for this transformation. Our Ecosystem and Interconnection strategy is the crossroads of a cloud success strategy, creating Fast IT while enabling agile Enterprise businesses.
These customers need solutions and this role is pivotal in architecting those solutions. Envision providing thought leadership through solution creation for customers to realize business goals and objectives, bridging network, data center and Cloud/IT infrastructure teams as a trusted advisor, demonstrating business value Equinix Platform solutions; are just a few of the ways this exciting role engages.
The Equinix culture, it’s second to none and easily summed up as “Excellent Opportunity + Excellent People = Extraordinary Place”. A place where you can find a better way, serve others, speak up, step up and be an energy supplier all while keeping the customer front and center is everything we do.
If this list looks like it was written for you, below are the responsibilities and qualifications, go ahead and apply today.
- Provide strategic solutioning support for Equinix global sales teams
- Operate in a three-tiered engagement account engagement model that includes demand capture, demand creation and professional services touch points
- Research, evaluate and stay ahead of emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Create information/technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technical context and business needs
- Provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies
- Identify, develop, update and implement standards and procedures.
- Work with resources in the CIO, CTO, CMO and CSO organizations on system infrastructure problems, technical concerns, and financial issues.
- 5+ Years in the functional domains of Network, Datacentre, Enterprise IT Systems, including implementation and technical support preferred
- 5+ Years of Solutions Selling in a commercial pre-sales position preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline preferred
- Advanced industry certifications (i.e. Cisco, VMware, MS, AWS) preferred
- L3 Technologies - OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS,IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, PIM, IGMP, mVPN; L2 Technologies - Ethernet, VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP,MSTP, QinQ, HDLC, PPP, ATM
- MPLS - MPLSVPN,MP-BGP, LDP, MPLS-TE (RSVP), L2VPN, FRR, PWE3; Data Center Technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization Technologies; Security & HA - Cisco PIX series, ASA series, Checkpoint Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Site-to-Site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs, IPsec, GRE
- Tunnels, HSRP, VRRP,GLBP
- QoS - ToS, LLQ, CBWFQ, WFQ, Shaping, Policing, MPLS-VPN QoS