These customers need solutions and this role is pivotal in architecting those solutions. Envision providing thought leadership through solution creation for customers to realize business goals and objectives, bridging network, data center and Cloud/IT infrastructure teams as a trusted advisor, demonstrating business value Equinix Platform solutions; are just a few of the ways this exciting role engages. the Equinix culture, it’s second to none and easily summed up as “Extraordinary Opportunity + Extraordinary People = Extraordinary Place”. A place where you can find a better way, serve others, speak up, step up and be an energy supplier all while keeping the customer front and center is everything we do.
If this list looks like it was written for you, below are the responsibilities and qualifications, go ahead and apply today.
- Provide strategy support for the Equinix sales organizations – this is a presale architect role
- Bring and drive thought leadership in areas of new technology and innovation
- Have experience in consulting customers and dissecting business and IT challenges
- Strong abilities working in a cross functional manner with various organizations – the sum of us is greater than our parts.
- Think big
- Able to narrate who and what Equinix is, what we can accomplish and develop strategies to meet those goals. Our history
- Exercise a curiosity to continually refresh knowledge to maintain industry leadership
- Operate in a three-tiered engagement architecture which includes demand capture, demand creation and professional services touch points.
- Plan, execute, and communicate the results of the work required in defined consulting focused engagements.
- Ability to talk, translate and align Equinix to the customer in their language and vernacular
- Know how to build big teams. Once again think big and be customer and solution focused
- Medium travel to Equinix HQ, industry events and customer engagements
- 10+ years of Solutions selling and technical support experience in the high-tech industry preferably in the network, cloud and/or data center markets
- Demonstrate strong listening and collaboration skill for uncovering unmet customer technology-based needs and translating the requirements into strategic solutions
- Ability to create refine and deliver a solutions vision through written and spoken narratives relative to the customer’s problems and opportunities
- Experience presenting to large groups
- High motivation level and appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organization requirements
- Results oriented
- Technology skills a must, including:
- Layers 1-7 experience in the OSI stack
- Routing and Switching protocols, IPv4 & IPv6
- Public, Private and Hybrid cloud services and deployment methodology
- SDN, OpenStack, OpenFlow, network automation and virtualization
- Software and Database system development
- BCDR methodology
- Data Center Architectures – CLOS
- Storage Platform technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Network optimization- WAN acceleration, Edge aggregation and performance modeling
- Network and Data security
- Fluency in Spanish desirable.