ARCA is an award-winning company that designs, manufactures, and distributes transaction automation systems. We specialize in highly innovative technology and services for cash control in bank branches, retail stores and self-service kiosks. Our success has made us one of the fastest-growing organizations in cash automation.
We provide cash automation technologies to customers in over 50 countries and support these devices with world-class service from our headquarters near the Research Triangle in North Carolina.
The Global Software Leader will provide leadership, vision, strategy, and daily execution oversight for the global software engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering upon strategic objectives, identifying new market and revenue opportunities, delivering upon product roadmap commitments, and ensuring the overall productivity of the team and quality of the work. This role is based at our Global Headquarters near Research Triangle in Mebane, North Carolina.
- Meet business needs by managing the activities of developers, consistently delivering quality solutions on time, within budget and scope
- Work withinternal teams to gather business process and project requirements
- Actively drive the development life-cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation and support
- Develop project plans, resource planning, scheduling and managing development timelines
- Building and managing multi-disciplined software teams and overseeing the development processes using industry best practices
- Support change management process to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments
- Excel at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Oversight and management of department expenses and budget planning
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated software development experience resulting in promotion to leadership role
- Minimum 6-8years in related software development leadership roles
- Minimum 5years proven ability to manage budgets and operating costs
- Ability to travel25%, including international travel
- Banking and/or Retailexperience a plus
What?s in it for you?
Based at our high-tech Mebane headquarters near North Carolina?s Research Triangle, you'll enjoy being part of a supportive and skilled team that loves to innovate.
You?ll also enjoy benefits that go beyond the norm.
- Four weeks of PTO, a generous 401(k) plan with matching benefits and comprehensive health insurance, and 100% dental coverage.
- Corporate functions that are actually fun. We bring food trucks to our parking lot, have catered luncheons and participate in area road races.
- A collegial work environment. We are friendly and fun. You can come to work wearing jeans if you want, and you might find the CEO doing the same.
- Little things. There?s fresh fruit and snacks in our cafeteria, as well as an unlimited supply of gourmet coffee, and subsidized gym memberships.
We have huge ambitions. If you?re happy to roll your sleeves up and work as part of an open-minded and entrepreneurial company, you?ll find yourself tremendously well rewarded.
ARCA is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of ARCA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We look forward to hearing from you.