Global Services Solution Specialist - (180000Z2)
For 40 years, has worked with engineers and scientists providing answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all
Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources, including the from Forbes Magazine, which named NI one of the top corporate citizens and best places to work. Maybe it is our fantastic work/life balance, or the Employee Stock Purchase Program and grants, or matching 401K, or picturesque campus with ponds, hiking trails, beach volleyball courts, and collaborative meeting spaces. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you’re in the right place! Here’s a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
The 70-plus team member Austin location of the NI Global Support and Services (GS&S) organization, a worldwide business unit with approximately 150 employees in 14 cities in 10 countries, seeks a Solution Specialist to support complex sales opportunities involving system integration and product modifications for NI’s largest and most strategic customers and targeted Industry and Application (IxA) areas.
In this leadership role, you will guide and assist with sales opportunities requiring the highest level of services from NI. You will collaborate with varying levels of NI and customer stakeholders, negotiate win/win approaches to complex situations, and develop and communicate a compelling value proposition for services specific to the opportunity. To be successful, you will work closely with external NI partners and NI leadership across a variety of business groups, including IxA areas, regional Sales, Integration Engineering Services (IES), R&D, Legal, Contracts, Accounting, Operations, and Manufacturing.
- Fulfill main sales contact role for integration and custom engineering project requests
- Develop and propose approaches that balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, so NI can capture the business
- Recommend project engagement models for qualified opportunities
- Collaborate with sales teams to assess and prioritize specific customer account and target IxA opportunities
- Complex integrated systems
- Product modifications (e.g. Custom Engineering)
- Explain Global Support and Services goals and objectives to variety of audiences
- Understand and explain complex business concepts, anticipated and actual impacts, and tradeoffs
- Understand and communicate inputs from cross functional stakeholders including R&D, Legal, Contracts, Accounting, Manufacturing, and Product Marketing
- Effectively communicate across different leadership levels within NI, customers, and NI partners
- Communicate difficult business decisions while respectfully acknowledging others’ perspectives, goals, and objectives
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to key internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain healthy, positive working relationships with NI colleagues and customer/partner stakeholders
- Work flexible hours when deadlines require it, including working after business hours and on the occasional weekend
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently