At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt and Whitney is the global leader in designing and developing state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofan™ for commercial and military aircraft. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
- You will work closely with other Global Services Engineering (GSE) Technical Disciplines Chiefs and Engineering Mechanical Design Discipline Chiefs, serve as Global Services Engineering and PW team member for leading PW Repair Design Technical Discipline with emphasis on part level product mechanical repair design strategy as practiced by Global Services Engineering, Engine Services, and Global Service Partners operating repair units.
- You will support individual and organizational technical proficiency by mentoring individuals and working with the GSE Management Team to define and execute events for technical skills development.
- You will provide part, module and system level guidance for developing part repair processes, reverse engineering, and other engineering services which result in MRO operations for products and components that are low cost and competitively superior.
- You will provide proactive technical guidance in the resolution of MRO related technical problems and issues.
- As a member of the GSE Technical Discipline Chiefs Team, you will manage and continuously improve Mechanical Repair Design tools, methodology and criteria, competitive information data and connection with analytical design systems and product data management systems. Provide focus for PW policy formulation for industry regulatory/advisory bodies as needed.
- You will maintain PW awareness of emerging trends in mechanical repair design process and product technology while providing accountability to the Managers, Commercial, and Military Repair Development and to the Director, Global Services Engineering.
- You will provide dedicated technical guidance for resolution of Mechanical Repair Design related issues – Internally and externally within GSE and at all GSE global sites
The position may require limited travel. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 15+ years of mechanical design experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government program requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering'
- Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 15 years recognized gas turbine industry mechanical design experience, substantially at the system level, and technical exposure substantiated by demonstrated record of accomplishments.
- Engine overhaul and design industry is preferred.
- An understanding of the Design Process and its interaction with the overall requirements of the business. A clear substantiated ability to be successful in independent endeavors and self-motivated to work complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- Highly developed interpersonal, leadership and teaming skills are required.
- Prior experience with mentoring and or training is preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and present material to cross-functional teams and upper levels of Engineering Management.Proficiency with Mechanical Design Tools, including Unigraphics, NX, Teamcenter CAD, AutoCad, CATIA or related is preferred.
- MS Office is desired.