The Global Service Head of Virtualization and PAS is a senior management-level position responsible for managing and guiding a team that ensures efficient and effective Citi infrastructure in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks.
- Provide leadership of global virtualization environment which hosts Citi’s private cloud and VDI desktops
- Owner of software defined networking engineering and operations including software defined load balancers availability zone strategy and NSX overlay strategy
- Drive strategy for automation for Citi’s private cloud for virtual server deployment and day 2 tasks enhance the self-service model of Citi private cloud
- Engineer and develop automation for Virtualization infrastructure in conjunction with infrastructure as code strategy
- Provide management of the Tenant-Ops Support for Digital Development and Production platforms supporting complex hybrid platforms and providing end-2-end environment management of Digital applications.
- Build and Operate GCB’s Cloud Development Platforms Tools and Shared Utility services ensuring that the SLAs are aligned to business expectations. These platforms include PCF Distributed Cache Containers etc.
- Develop and manage Telemetry capabilities for GCB to help drive a culture of learning and continuous improvement using actionable metrics.
- Engineer and Operationalize Development Tools and CI/CD tools chains to enable Continuous Delivery in a Self-Service model at High Velocity while Enforcing policies & procedures of Hermetic Builds.
- Assist development teams in the accelerated adoption of cloud technologies and associated CI/CD tools & methodologies
- Oversee Continuous Delivery Engineering practice that embeds CDEs into the product development scrum teams who will then be accountable for the availability latency performance efficiency change management monitoring emergency response and capacity planning of their services.
- Lead, evaluate, provide resources and drive a team towards realistic goals
- Manage sizeable resources, budget, policy formulation and strategic decisions
- Apply in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of subject domain/area to assume responsibility for large, complex systems/services/initiatives
- Apply a broad and comprehensive knowledge-base in multiple functional areas as well as underlying business strategy
- Ensure essential processes and procedures are in place and contribute to defining and re-engineering improvements
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, communicating with external parties as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience, including 8-10+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in a technology infrastructure role with extensive experience in infrastructure technologies and/or functions, business, as well as functional and project management
- Experience in financial services or large complex and/or global environment preferred
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication with ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and identification of best practices
- Proven analytical, diagnostic and multitasking skills with focus on execution and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and partner with virtual teams in a high-pressure matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of various parts of a project/initiative with tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectation/ requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience.