The Global Service Center Senior Engineer is responsible for providing high-level technical assistance and ensuring service and support is provided to clients at agreed levels. This Engineer is responsible for the following tasks: design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
Maintain documentation of client networks and systems. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and provide support for escalated trouble tickets. We are seeking a strong Senior Engineer candidate who can help evolve our managed services portfolio and deliver excellence to our clients who need systems engineering expertise.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy, manage, test, upgrade, and integrate Windows components and services, such as AD, DNS, SQL, etc.
- Experience with workload migrations to Hyperscale and VMware environments
- Experience with VDI, including design, implementation, and maintenance a plus.
- VMware management, troubleshooting, experience with vCloud a plus.
- Linux administration to include deploy, manage, upgrade, and troubleshoot
- Iterate and enhance automation suite to provide higher levels of visibility, automated response, and system intelligence to clients.
- Consult with clients on problem areas, be that configuration, performance, security, etc.
- Ensure customer uptime by managing backup, recovery solutions.
- Handle escalations from the service delivery team for a variety of client issues.
- Continuously train and educate engineering staff to improve our ability to rapidly respond to client needs.
- Consult with the client services, sales team and internal team on evolving client requirements based on changes in the telemetry of their environment.
- Consult with the product team on enhancements to products and services based on intimate familiarity with client environments. Communicates effectively with an internal team with regards to events and changes transpiring at client sites.
- Participate in "on-call" rotation as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Communicate escalated issues to the department head as necessary.
- Responsible for entering time in our ticketing system daily prior to end of a work day.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, and Engineering or 7+ years of experience working and supporting IT environment
- Knowledge of Iaas, Baas, Public Cloud, and Paas.
- Experience with DR technologies using Zerto a plus.
- Comfortable being part of a high-performance team and working hard to overcome big challenges on tight timelines while maintaining a work-life balance.
- Enjoys a transparent, high-communication environment.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMware and Azure in particular).
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure architecture.
- Experience in SCCM and SCOM highly desired.
- Have a Microsoft MCSA, MCAAA, MCSE or VCP certification or be able to achieve 6-months after hire.
- AWS architecture and design understanding preferred.
- Experience with storage systems and managing SAN fabric.
- Network experience and troubleshooting skills with Switches, Routers, Firewalls and a good understanding of OSPF, VLAN, NAT, VPN, NSX, UTM Security.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of O365 and SharePoint.
- Experience with VoIP Administration.
- Key understanding of monitoring systems.
- Scripting abilities and techniques examples including but not limited too; batch, PowerShell, and bash.