At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. We believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The Global Channel Excellence Leader will be overseeing teams of area experts – in websites and SEO - to implement strategies and oversee execution of organic (non-paid) Search Engine Optimization campaigns. This is a leadership, partnership, and performance optimization role. Of paramount important is the ability to run the department like a business, focusing on KPIs while being mindful of the needs of our stakeholders, partners and leadership.
As the Global Channel Excellence Leader, you are the digital channel expert for the Global Digital Excellence organization, ensuring that appropriate service offerings, capabilities, and partners are in place to support all commercial HCP and patient market strategies. In this role, you are responsible for identifying, operationalizing, evolving, and maintaining a comprehensive set of class-leading digital capabilities and processes in support of Brand strategies within the context of the broader commercial operations governance structure.
Finally, you will have accountability for delivery against the shared goals and objectives across GPPS, Customer Experience & Innovation Group, Global Content Planning, Promotion & Approval and Brand teams, driving customer satisfaction and business outcomes.
- High level program management of the initiatives including program reviews and an integrated view of the digital plan.
- Provide consultation and recommendations in the identification of KPIs for marketing programs through understanding internal stakeholder needs.
- Build and execute Search Engine Optimization strategies based on web, search, digital advertising and CRM analytics data
- Responsible for managing team operations including assignments, staffing, development, performance, training, etc.
- Represent the voice of the market by acting as the primary conduit for market feedback up to regional and global teams to inform continuous service/capability improvements.
- Maintain an external focus to stay abreast of current technology channel trends and emerging opportunities to ensure that AZ is continually innovating and maintaining a true competitive edge.
- Ensure adherence to all AstraZeneca and Commercial Operations standards and policies.
- Combination of 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales, marketing, healthcare-related fields, digital marketing, technology capability, and/or information services
- Experience managing a team of at least 3 people
- Hands-on experience reporting to clients/leadership on SEO, SEM, other PPC/PPL, paid social or paid display programs based on KPIs or ROI (ideally TRx/NRx/NBRx data)
- Proven track record of developing and articulating a strategy as well as executing marketing programs
- Experience prioritizing, scheduling, publishing and optimizing website content
- Proven success guiding the technology team & website developers to follow best practices
- Strong understanding of best practices around website development and user experience, W3C recommendations, etc.
- Proven experience driving measurable positive results based on SEO strategey
- Ability to read and interpret HTML and CSS
- Experience developing or adhering to marketing operations standards
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years experience in digital marketing, web, or customer analytics experience across channels
- Experience with Google or Adobe Analytics, and attribution solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, MicroStrategy/Tableau Software and data analysis
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as SEM Rush, Moz, Google Search Console, etc.
- Pharmaceutical marketing/advertising/measurement experience
- Understanding of how paid search & organic search (SEO) work together
- Thorough understanding of AZ business model
- Strong ability to lead through change
- Proficiency in technology channels
- Role reports to: Director: Global Channel Excellence
- Direct Reports (1+)