Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 3,300 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
Under minimal supervision, identifies and implements product strategies, marketing plans, promotional programs and related activities relating to specific product lines to ensure that existing and new products meet Company goals and expectations. This role develops and coordinates all aspects of new product development, product launches, and maintains marketing functions for current products. This role also provides a key knowledge base for marketing procedures and actively mentors others in Marketing-related areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Leads development of product marketing plans by preparing objectives, strategies, tactics, profit and loss projections, including short and long-term strategies
- Manages new product development marketing activities for specific products within the respective Group, including new idea review and recommendations, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction
- Recommends product line extensions and/or line trimming, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, labeling revisions, clinical studies, manufacturing and customer service/operations support for existing product line(s) which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize product line earnings.
- Determines strategic product line decisions such as priority of product or line enhancements which optimize organizational goals and objectives by evaluating competitors’ products and by determining market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations
- Develops product oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars
- Monitors product development progress with engineering, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and related departments to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis
- Prepares annual budget forecasts for the marketing functions related to the product line(s)
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts and trade organizations, field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition
- Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line.
- Routinely interfaces with the managers/directors of other product lines offered by the company to fully understand the relationships within the portfolio of products offered by the Company
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Maintains up-to-date product and industry knowledge by regular review of the literature, co-traveling with field sales personnel, attending surgeries, etc.
- Supports the Company’s medical education initiative by assisting in the preparation and running of surgeon training courses which may include didactic and cadaver labs
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Communications and other related departments to ensure products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits
- Participates in strategic sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products in order to identify key targets, surgeons, and hospitals by specific product
- Performs other duties as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Biology, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry; MBApreferred
- Strong technical and conceptual aptitude
- Proven strategic/tactical planning and implementation capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning, marketing and product development
- Average travel requirement is approximately 20%