Who We Are
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
The Global Cybersecurity Business Development Executive for Cloud Service Providers is responsible for strategically engaging with partners to develop incremental revenue sources for Micro Focus Security Solutions. This role is an externally focused business development and sales leadership role with responsibilities for recruiting Cloud Service Providers and developing repeatable joint go-to-market solutions/service offerings while supporting direct sales teams on large cybersecurity deals. This role is expected to have a nice blend of business, technical, commercial, go-to-market, and large deal structuring skills with an ultimate focus on developing incremental revenue sources and exceed revenue growth expectations.
Micro Focus Security Market Development organization provides an exciting opportunity for the Global Cybersecurity Business Development Executive for Cloud Service Providers to learn & develop new skills and contribute to the Cybersecurity business. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of Cybersecurity solutions, spanning from Security Operations to Application Security, Data Privacy & Protection, and Identity & Access Management. This role has a global business development & revenue responsibility and is expected to create, implement, and lead the development & execution of Security sales and growth initiatives with Cloud Service Providers. This role has a focus on key customers, targeted use cases, and identifying opportunities to develop strategies and tactics to win business and drive long term growth in combination with our Cloud Service Providers across the sales motions. Thought leadership around emerging Cybersecurity use cases and an ability to grasp technology value proposition to articulate how it can be applied to customer security needs will be a key ingredient to the success of this role.
- Develop and maintain senior-level relationships within Cloud Service Providers to broaden awareness, understand current and emerging needs, and position Micro Focus as a Cybersecurity solutions leader.
- Generate new revenue opportunities with Cloud Service Providers via new joint solution offerings, new markets, and joint customer pursuits.
- Work cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Finance departments of both Salesforce and partner.
- Exceed revenue growth expectations. Achieve quarterly and annual bookings targets by growing joint partner business on a worldwide basis.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets and exceeds revenue targets.
- Recruit new Cloud Service Providers in line with the company’s direction to drive growth for the Micro Focus Security business.
- Develop and maintain a robust deal pipeline with targeted solutions to continuously grow the business and generate incremental revenue.
- Provide timely, concise, accurate information of account & opportunity status, plans, and events.
- Manage and report business through accurate forecasting, stakeholder updates, and quarterly business reviews.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in general management, sales & marketing, computer science, etc.
- 15+ years of sales and business development experience in the Cybersecurity market.
- 7+ years of strategic business development, sales, and go-to-market experience working with partners, direct sales, and Cloud Service Providers in the Cybersecurity market.
- 5+ years of thought leadership and evangelism experience in working with Cloud Service Providers and Enterprise Customers.
- Solution-focused with an eye towards developing repeatable offerings.
- Experience in working with on-shore/off-shore personnel across time zones.
- Results-driven, self-sufficient and self-motivated individuals with a strong commitment to success and delivery excellence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Enjoy learning and introducing new technologies to help colleagues and partners embrace and adopt them.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) with the ability to articulate and sell on value propositions.
- A track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
- Strong Business acumen with an understanding across solution lifecycle – concept to product.
- Strong understanding of Strategic Consulting, Systems Integration, Global Delivery Models, Managed / IT Outsourcing Services, Infrastructure Management Services, IT / Data Center Transformation, Identity and Security Management, Open Source, Cloud Computing, Intellectual Property, Platform as a Service, Application Development & Maintenance, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Proven ability to build and maintain executive level relationships.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Works with the Customer Success teams to educate target accounts on the solution set and gets involved in account planning for strategic deals
- Leads efforts to establish, develop, and expand market share and revenue attainment within named solutions
- Works to attain various sales objectives related to securing new business opportunities within named customers, engaging Alliances to address solution gaps, and to work with Cloud Service providers and System Integration teams to develop offerings.