Scope of the Position
The Global Sector Leader will be responsible for creating and driving new solutions across the value chain to increase operating efficiencies, extend shelf life and reduce food waste and elevating the brand promises of our customers. The primary objective of the role is to leverage deep industry insight to define our strategic and innovation priorities by creating system solutions which drive meaningful value for new customers in adjacent markets.
- Identifying new opportunity spaces and emerging technologies to create new systems and digital based solutions, value added new products and innovation platforms.
- Develop create concrete business cases and build consensus around a strategic vision and direction
- Develop and execute the global strategies demonstrating a deep understanding of the value chain, industry economics and competitive structures in adjacent markets.
- Develop and institute a systematic approach toward driving growth in the emerging markets, recognizing opportunities and creating growth strategies which are uniquely tailored for Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- Provides thought-leadership collecting and analyzing how customer, consumer, sector and industry trends will impact our business.
- Identify, nurture and pursue strategic industry alliances at downstream customers, industry associations, government agencies, universities and research firms
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing or business development within food, beverage or packaging industries.
- Business minded problem solver, experienced in white space analysis, business case development and financial analysis.
- Proven history of driving innovation and strategic market development in both mature and emerging economies.
- Collaborative individual who attacks work with drive, energy and an eye on the bottom line
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as consensus building and facilitation
- Ability to travel internationally; up to 10% travel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external colleagues, customers and partners.
- Ability to clearly articulate value and serve as the industry SME, both internally and externally.
- He/she must be innovative, creative and entrepreneurial in their approach to understanding the market, recognizing opportunities and envisioning strategies for growth.
- Self-motivated with high ambitions and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate business maturity in areas of decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Bias for action and results
- Value Chain Analysis (VCA) experience
Requisition id: 8806