PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative pathogen detection tests and systems for both food manufacturers and service laboratories. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping food manufacturers to detect pathogens earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Director to join our team in providing market leading solutions for our customers across a broad range of markets. The successful candidate will lead PerkinElmer's growing pathogen detection testing solutions with primary responsibility of meeting financial targets and building a world class sales organization.
The Sales Director is responsible for the design and execution of strategic initiatives, Org development, coaching and development of team members, and budgeting related to the growth of the assigned businesses. The selected candidate will work closely with key business partners such as Service, Marketing, Product Management, Human Resources, and Finance to achieve sales targets and build a high performing sales organization.
- Accountable for global pathogen product sales
- Optimizing sales goals and execution plans using industry leading methodologies (management, territory planning, commercial strategy, sales operations)
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive market penetration of existing product portfolio, increasing share of wallet with existing customers and accelerating growth through new customer acquisition
- Develop high performance culture in sales org through performance management processes and setting of clear expectations for coaching and developing team members
- Hold team members accountable to goals. Manage rep performance, activities and team contribution.
- Develop and foster close relationships with major territory accounts
- Work with the Food management team to accurately communicate and deliver sales forecast, achieve quarterly and yearly orders/ revenue targets
- Manage competing priorities to keep org and functional partners aligned and executing to agreed initiatives and goals
- Continuously assess competitive information and trends, keeping Management and Marketing informed of on-going activities and developments
- Regular review of business results with Sr. Leadership demonstrating a clear understanding of what drove results and ability to influence results through execution of focused initiatives
- Align with broader organization (Marketing/Product Management/Service) to ensure customer needs are met to maximize PerkinElmer business value
- Work with sales operations team to structure and deploy world class processes, gain incremental efficiencies in sales execution, and drive top and bottom line P&L performance
- 10+ years of progressive sales management experience
- BS in life science discipline or related field of study, MBA preferred
- Global experience working in a large company and possessing matrix management skills to create connections at all levels across different business units
- Highly committed, competitive and goal-driven sales management professional with track record of success in achieving sales goals
- Experience in building high performing sales teams.
- Background with exposure to different sales methodologies, go to market strategies, and sales models; the ability to diagnose which tools and models apply to given circumstances
- Effective change agent with clear understanding of how to identify impetus for change, design, initiate, and lead through to new state
- Strong management and coaching skills, with proven ability to benchmark performance and create support system for team to successfully improve upon past high-water marks
- Bias towards action with ability to visualize solution, identify and collaborate with required resources, delegate and manage execution of solution effectively
- Requires negotiating skills in line with senior level role
- Solid communications skills (written, verbal, presentation); must be able to provide crisp, concise communication of complex information which can be easily digested with obvious, actionable path forward to improve business performance
- Travel required