The Global Sales Director, Auto Glass Solutions, is charged with leading AGS’s global sales team responsible for delivering the division’s sales & profit objectives. This leader reports to the division general manager and will be a member of the AGS business team. Role scope includes managing automotive OEM and Tier1 customer relationships, differentiating Corning within the marketplace and capturing market intelligence. Role requires cross coordination with the business commercial operations director, business directors and marketing communications manager. The Director role is accountable for successfully achieving business objectives in an environment of high complexity, ambiguity, and dynamic requirements. This position will involve frequent interactions with senior management and key stakeholders.
• Develops and directs the deployment of the global sales strategy and associated tactics, objectives, and goals
• Ensures alignment of the global sales strategy with the division’s product line plans and cross-functional portfolios and ensures each is in alignment with and supportive of the division’s business objectives.
• Directs the development and execution of account plans that provide customers with a fully integrated set of product, process, and technical solutions which draw upon Corning’s total value to meet specific business needs. In addition, will directly own and manage large account(s).
• Directly manages executive relationships in key accounts to help maximize sales penetration and customer retention.
• Serves as an advocate for both Corning and the customer by creating value for both parties and balancing the needs and constraints of both parties.
• Coordinates with product line management and regional sales organizations to define negotiating positions and to close, or assist in closing, contract agreements as needed.
• Assesses global sales performance and modifies the strategy, account plans, and organization as needed to improve results
• Works with the sales team to define customer segments and identify customer buying factors as input into the sales strategy
• Keeps division leadership and other key stakeholders informed of division sales performance
• Secures and coordinates resources from across the divisions, as required, to meet the region’s or country’s customers’ needs
• Works with the sales team, Pricing, Product Line Management, Legal and other functions, as needed, to create and implement long-term sales agreements with targeted customers.
• Collects sales information across the division or region to inform short-term and long-term sales forecasting and inform inventory management efforts
• Identifies, collects, and disseminates sales best practices, customer requirements, and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement of the global or regional sales team.
Required • Bachelor’s Degree • 5+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing role (Commercial leadership or field sales)
• Work experience in international markets
• Experience managing a global team and coordinating resources across regions and cultures
• Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Demonstrated track record of compliance with sales policy and related regulations
• Experience with SalesForce.com
• Fluency in the English language
• Travel frequency: High; Global Desired
• MBA or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Experience as an Account Manager
• 2-4 years of work experience in a technical sales role
• 2-4 years of work experience in the automotive industry
• 2-4 years of work experience in a strategy development role
• Language skills in the countries within the division (German, French, Chinese, Korea or Japanese)
• Demonstrated track record of managing and growing large size accounts through cross-selling and penetration
• Demonstrated track record of managing and closing a multi-national strategic deal that has resulted in a marquis customer for the company
• Demonstrated track record of leading and managing a multi-channel sales force
• Demonstrated track record of aligning internal technical and selling