Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises . Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
The Global Sales Compensation team based in Indianapolis is the global leader for sales commission polices and processes for all of our direct and indirect sales team, including North America, EMEA, APAC and Japan. The Commissions team has deployed Xactly commission system globally through centralized process with local set-up and support. The Global Sales Compensation Analyst reports to the Global Sales Commissions Management team. This role will also be fully engaged in the support of our sales teams and is an outstanding opportunity to work with our internal WIN (Worldwide Incentive Network) and sales teams in the systems implementation and monthly operations and commissions close process. This role requires an individual who has experience in automated sales commissions systems and their set-up and operation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented with demonstrated problem solving and decision making skill.
This position is primary point of contact for sales management and account executives, including practical application and interpretation of the compensation plans, and resolving issues. This individual must be capable of generating several sales and business alternatives, which would maximize a business opportunity or solve an underlying problem.
This position will partner cross-functionally on process improvements with the WIN (Worldwide Incentive Network) Compensation team, which designs the comp plans and quotas, Human Resources, Sales Enablement and Order Management.
• Manage the monthly commissions process for salesforce direct sales team. This includes understanding and applying the commission plan consistently, maintaining quotas and rates, ensuring Xactly commissions calculations comply with the plan, and managing exception requests. Provide expertise, support and training to the international teams on these plans.
• With each new fiscal year, participate in rolling-out new plans, including plan and systems design, training, UAT of Xactly and updating policies and processes.
• Provide input to Sales management, Commissions Management team and Director regarding exceptions requests and policy questions.
• Communicate with sales manager, account executives, including VPs to drive requirements, communications, process improvements and customer satisfaction.
• Deliver training, commissions policy and process and related documentation for the teams supported. Collaborate with sales management and global commission teams.
• Create and drive a project plan for on-boarding the acquired teams.
• Manage case inquiries and partner with Sales Solutions Team. Process corrections and adjustments as they arise.
• Minimum of 5+ years related experience, which includes a working knowledge of incentive commission plans.
• Must have strong Excel skills.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
• Knowledge or background with CRM or SAAS business model preferred
• Experience with complex crediting and commission plans and structures.
• Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills; process oriented.
• Ability to collaborate globally.
• Superior problem solving skills
• Must be able to accurately compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment