Micron is committed to environmental and safety excellence as we strive to be the world’s best memory company. As the Corporate Safety and Health Manager you will be responsible for the vision and strategy of safety and health management systems across Micron’s global network. The Corporate Safety and Health Manager is responsible optimizing and developing business processes to ensure regulatory compliance, incident and injury free programs, global site oversight, and continuous improvement. The Corporate Safety and Health Manager is also responsible for developing the short and long term strategic initiatives to ensure Micron’s leadership in the discipline of safety management.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Overseeing global safety and health programs and systems at Micron to drive consistency and alignment and ensure regulatory compliance and a world class safety program
- Developing safety and health programs for various types of work environments such as industrial, construction, officer and manufacturing
- Influencing organizations, management, and teams to maintain and develop safety and health performance across the corporation through use of data and metrics
- Teaming with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and global level to share learning, increase innovation and drive synergy throughout the Micron network.
- Partnering with site, regional and global stakeholders to increase safety awareness, tracking, analyzing and reporting EHS indicators and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Building effective global safety and health teams to ensure initiatives are integrated in the company’s business objectives.
- Developing aligned methods and business processes for consistent and accurate external reporting in the countries in which Micron operates
- Interfacing with appropriate regulatory agencies, trade associations, and interested stakeholders to ensure Micron is partnering in forward-thinking policy discussions.
- Strong technical expertise in the area of safety and health, in multi-national corporations
- Strong leadership and vision and must be able to comfortably work across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Demonstrated ability to influence executives, senior leaders and stakeholders on strategic decisions across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional organizations to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute a wide range of global initiatives with global teams
- Ability to be guided by business objectives and determine best methods for delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to execute performance management systems and develop high performing teams
- Strong leadership ability to manage a department and direct reports
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and strong focus on results
- Demonstrated ability to inspire team work and to effectively lead others
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven facilitation skills including the ability to influence others
Bachelor’s Degree, or greater, and equivalent experience in:
- Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent
- 10+years’experiencein any of the following:
- Leadership experience in a global organization, including direct reports
- Semiconductor/electronics/pharmaceutical manufacturing safety management
- OHSAS 18001 program management