The Global Brand Retail Experience team is responsible for Sonos’ physical strategy and presence in owned and partner retail worldwide. The team operates across a broad range of functions and disciplines to deliver strategies, programs and toolkits at scale. Success for the team requires a creative and resourceful approach, that delivers programs, tools and guidance; enabling our local marketing teams to execute the strategies above in-market.
This Global Retail Communications Associate is responsible for leading all Retail Communications guidelines (all communications: physical assets and digital tablets) and solutions to be utilized globally.
Responsible for all brand messaging across physical retail, briefing agency on creative development and creating seasonal directives for product launches as well as evergreen toolkits. This will require building and executing against a rolling calendar of marketing initiatives, covering new product introductions, promotions, seasonal storytelling, country & market expansion and much more.
Every initiative must help drive our strategic goals:
- Leading with owned retail stores
- Bringing brand consistency to Sonos’ retail presence
- Leading a transition from Mass CE partners to brand-led retail
Success will require gaining buy-in and alignment across multiple functions including the Art Department, Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Product Development, Customer Care and crucially, Regional Sales and Marketing.
You will be working across multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of managing priorities while inspiring and being a critical part of a large global team. This role is appropriate for someone with 5+years of relevantretail marketing, and willreport to the Director ofRetailExperience.About You
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Retail Communications guidelines for all global product launches, promotions, and special initiatives
- Be responsible for Sonos’ marketing initiatives across all of brand stores and wholesale retailchannels (excluding the design of permanent displays)
- Integrate a complex set of strategic goals into a unified plan
- Inspire and collaborate with a high-performing team of retail marketers in our regional teams
- Partner with the analytics and consumer insights team to ensure we are truly "speaking to our audience" and engaging our consumer
- Interpret and build on shopper behavior data and retail trends to help lead our brand stores and wholesale retail in updates that serve the consumer and increase conversion
- Lead and partner with Brand & regional leadership to deliver seasonal stories for retail
- Partner with Brand Store operations team to establish process for installations for marketing and product exhibitions in store
- Ensure consistency and quality across all retail programs – globally and regionally.
- Implement a single global process for planning and executing against NPI, promotions etc. at retail – including regional marketing plans
- Collate and advance best-practices across the globe
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues and when to empower the team to make decisions
Skills You’ll Need Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related experience
Five plus years of experience in Global retail marketing communications with specific experience customizing content for retail execution channels, and you operate with an awareness or general understanding of cultural and geographic marketing nuances
Effectively manage communications for projects involving high priority, major company strategic initiatives and/or significant changes to existing communication strategies. You are proficient in developing a clear strategic or functional brief for retail communications to the business line, which may also include presentations and recommendations to management
As a partner tointernal BrandDesignand Product Marketing stakeholders, you bring the following skills to your role;
- Knowledge of the creative development, localization and production processes
- Understanding of new product launch campaigns
- Strong analytical, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent managerial, leadership, and process management skills
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Able to influence others and achieve business outcomes on time and within budget
Interest in and passion for music is a bonus.