At L.L.Bean, we’ve been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years. Why? Because our employees love what they do and share a passion for the outdoors – whether they’re working inside or playing outside. Come work in an environment where our values are demonstrated in every interaction with our customers.
L.L.Bean is currently seeking a Global Responsible Sourcing Manager to oversee social and environmental audit quality and auditor performance, manage the corrective action plan process, perform factory evaluations to determine Code of Conduct compliance, and conduct consulting/capacity building programs for designated factories. The successful candidate will also be responsible for advising on social and environmental audit standards, creating and implementing team training programs and to oversee technical evaluations of factory manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Assist the Sr. Manager in developing and implementing policies and standard operating procedures used in auditing activities
- Oversee quality review of all factory evaluations
- Oversee all factory remediation/corrective action plans
- Determine evaluation ratings of factory compliance, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of factory performance
- Effectively communicate plans and L.L.Bean requirements to plant managers and other manufacturing executives
- Implement a plan for production quality evaluations to determine production efficiency
- Production evaluations include thorough and accurate evaluation and analysis of industrialengineering, product development for manufacturing, operations management, quality assurance and quality control, line management and any other factors that may influence potential or actual manufacturing performance
- Track and measure team results
- Provide comprehensive reports to the Senior Manager regarding results of team activities
- Work with 3rd party monitoring services and provide recommendations regarding monitoring activities
- Identify team training needs and create and implement team training plans
- Provide Assistance to the Senior Manager in completing seasonal business plans, including recommendations regarding risks and opportunities
- Provide production quality assessments of in-scope factories when requested
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean Comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations and takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions. Ensures compliance of front line employees with comprehensive health and safety program.
- BA/BS required
- 7+ years relevant experience required
- In-depth knowledge regarding labor standards and related legal issues in all major sourcing regions
- Working knowledge of environmental management systems, such waste management and water discharge quality.
- Ability to train and provide guidance to professional workers living in various countries
- Experience and strong skills in social interviewing, social auditing and industrial safety. Certification in globally recognized audit protocol (SEDEX, SA8000, BSCI, etc.) preferred
- Factory/production experience (factory management, engineering, production design) preferred
- Ability to develop relationships with people from diverse cultures and organizations required
- Must have several years of successful experience evaluating manufacturing companies for Code compliance and manufacturing capability in Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia
- Ability to travel up to 25% time
L.L. Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the “benefits” section.
All exempt salaried full-time corporate positions are eligible for relocation benefits, based on eligibility.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 on Forbes2016 Best Employers List, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
- An excellent total compensation package
- Enhanced 401K retirement package
- Health care, including domestic partner and family coverage, across medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Life insurance, including domestic partner and dependent coverage
- Outdoor experience days in addition to paid vacation and personal time
- Discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise and Outdoor Discovery School adventures
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Employee Store
- Equipment loan program from the Employee Use Room
- Access to pro deal program discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to L.L.Bean cabins and tent sites at Rangeley Lake for personal use
Job ID 12198-2017