Position Purpose: To lead the Reliability Value Stream for $7 billion of global assets at Kimberly-Clark. This position is responsible for delivering a breakthrough life cycle approach to realizing the full potential value from our manufacturing assets. This position leads the Global Reliability strategy development and execution and includes direct leadership of the Global Reliability Team (approximately 20 FTE’s). This position leads the Kimberly-Clark relentless pursuit of the permanent elimination of equipment defects at the root and latent levels resulting in a full value contribution in excess of $100 million by 2023 with additional potential beyond this level.
Customers and Customer Expectations: Due to the strong value delivery contribution the primary customers are the senior leaders within the Global Supply Chain organization and each of the geographical regions. Other key customers include senior leaders within Manufacturing, Engineering, and Procurement. Additional customers include Planning and Distribution, Global Kimtech, and Global Stores.
1. A key deliverable for this position is to “institutionalize” at an enterprise level, a Value Stream Reliability mindset, culture, capabilities, and value delivery contribution to provide a competitive advantage to Kimberly-Clark globally.
2. This position is accountable for delivering a breakthrough step change in Asset Value Stream management with a principal focus on the equipment reliability aspects to generate both OEE and cost value creation on/or ahead of schedule. This role works in partnership with the raw materials and process areas to mutually achieve the OEE and cost targets but has a primary focus on the impacts that root and latent equipment defects have on asset performance. Included in this accountability is the continued development of the reliability strategy to realize the full long-term phases (Intermediate to Advanced).
3. Provide Reliability leadership and thinking to the enterprise and regional leaders to ensure delivery of the sector financial requirements and to create a “Culture of Reliability” similar to the advances we have made in Safety and Quality over the years. A key accountability is to be the driving leader globally for the relentless pursuit of the permanent elimination of equipment defects at the root and latent levels.
4. Lead, resource, develop, and inspire the reliability strategy execution including direct management of the Global Reliability Team. This role works in partnership with several tangent business functions both at the enterprise and region levels.
5. This position is accountable to meet customer expectations including:
- Deliver the value identified associated with the Reliability Strategy on/ahead of time.
- Work in partnership with the raw materials and process areas to mutually achieve the OEE and cost targets with a primary focus on the equipment reliability aspects as detailed in the BCC Reliability Strategy.
- Ensure that the equipment reliability aspects of OEE and availability performance are on trajectory to meet and/or exceed target requirements on/ahead of time.
- Provide Engineering with information and insights to develop “Design for Reliability” capabilities.
- Align with Maintenance performance, transformation strategies, and capability development.
- Deliver highly reliable asset availability performance as required by Planning and Distribution.
- Provide Procurement with information and insights that engender a transformation of how they view the reliability requirements and their role in improving reliability.
- Provide both the regions and Global Kimtech/Global Central Stores with the information and insights required transform their performance to improve their contribution to Reliability and Maintenance emerging requirements and capabilities.
6. Ensure alignment with CFI’s and Corporate policies.
7. Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops, and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.