FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The Global Regulatory Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the global regulatory strategy for key compounds working in collaboration with senior regulators, project managers, regulatory scientists and country/regional regulatory affairs managers. This position offers the opportunity for a regulatory affairs professional to further develop a career in the regulation of crop protection chemicals. The position requires initiative in regulatory management of projects directly linked to the success of the business in the areas of product line expansion, growth, defense, sourcing, off-patent strategy, trade and competitive intelligence, in all geographies and across all product lines. The successful candidate will report to the Global Regulatory Associate Director and be a member of a highly interactive and supportive team. Travel is anticipated to be no more than 15%.
- Manage the global regulatory strategy for key compounds
- Implement global plans and timelines for defense and registration of several key compounds
- Coordinate and identify data and studies required to support registrations
- Work with country/regional regulatory affairs managers to develop and implement global regulatory strategy, to meet submission deadlines and ensure timely publication of product authorization
- Contribute to project teams comprised of operational project managers, regulatory scientists, and country/regional regulatory affairs manager
- Determine requirements for, and implications of, new or changing regulatory schemes
- Strategic management – maintain external focus relating to opportunities and threats to key active ingredients
- Meet with regulatory authorities globally together with regional managers as required
- Understand the legislative and regulatory initiatives that shape the regulatory environment for the industry and recommend change in advance of competitive pressure.
- Minimum MSdegree (Ph.D. preferred) preferably in a regulatory science or related discipline (chemistry, toxicology, eco-toxicology, biochemistry or environmental science)
- Experience in a regulatory – related role in chemical, pharma or plant protection industry (5+ years) with a global focus and demonstrated ability to apply scientific knowledge to regulatory related solutions.
- Basic knowledge of crop protection industry: technical, commercial, farming techniques, crop specific issues, etc. is preferred
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities and policymakers
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of successes in strategic thinking, operational excellence, communication and networking to drive results
- Familiarity with risk assessment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize data and develop recommendations
- Ability to effectively monitor industry and regulatory activities and assess impact on key compounds
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Sound judgment, planning, project management and organizational skills