As a Data Scientist in our Global Recruiting Data Science & Analytics team, you will report to the Head of Global Recruiting Data Science & Analytics and bring our recruitment operations to the next level through the utilization of appropriate data science methodologies. You solve essential challenges around attracting, developing, retaining, and motivating the best talent. You focus on key issues such as predicting great hires or employees at risk of leaving and supporting BCG’s employee engagement and diversity and inclusion goals and objectives. As part of this role you will:
- Bring together our organization’s data, as well as external data and research, to help our business leaders understand and act on talent issues
- Seek to understand talent-related business problems and help frame them into actual research questions that can be answered with data
- Utilize appropriate data science methodologies toward attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining qualified talent
- Data-driven and highly analytical, you translate data and insights into meaningful visualizations and stories to drive strategy, action, and decision-making at executive levels, within HR, and with people managers
- Use platforms, programming, and systems to establish single-source data to be leveraged across the business to support insights and improved decision-making
- Apply big data techniques to small data problems
- Lead data-driven and evidence-based research to support delivery of people metrics, reporting, and advanced and predictive analytics
- Align research priorities with business priorities and take a customer-focused mindset in working with stakeholders
- Leverage academic expertise, industry knowledge and talent analytics trends to address practical business challenges
- Collaborate with and communicate broadly within the Global Talent Acquisition function, HR, IT, and the business
- Develop data science skills as new or improved techniques arise, and continue exploration of emerging methods and technologies in the analytics space
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Ideal candidates for this role would have an:
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to people with non-technical backgrounds; excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the external people analytics landscape and trends.
- Ability to working autonomously and as part of a team in a complex environment
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Candidates for this role should have:
- Graduate’s degree in a quantitative field with ideally a focus on people/organizational research e.g., data science, statistics, economics, quantitative psychology, organization behavior etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in research design, visualization techniques, and analysis approaches in which you manage and analyze both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in advanced statistical methods around hypothesis testing, clustering, machine learning predictions, and text mining.
- Experience modeling high dimensional data.
- Experience with tools and languages such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau, or Visier, and in the design and implementation of data pipelines that support the continuous delivery of insight.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with high volume recruiting, ATS systems, recruitment functions & candidate experience