Global Purchasing / Logistics Specialist
Our client is seeking and experienced Supply Chain Management professional to support a global food and beverage organization, located in Minneapolis, MN, its’ subsidiaries and affiliates to work in the capacity of Global Purchasing/Logistics Specialist. The chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting Global Operations, including US-Based Supplier base, establishing in-country/local supplier base and Manufacturing, supporting the Global Logistics team and lead the product approval process. The ideal candidate will possess experience enhancing financial performance of global operations by identifying cost efficiency opportunities within the supplier and services communities.
- Build scalable processes to optimize supply chain strategies with goals to deliver an excellent customer experience while balancing operating costs and quality
- Collaborate and partner w/QA team, lead start-up development of in-country supplier and service resources, product and import requirements, test shipments, initial inventory planning and execution of new countries/development partners
- Assist Operations, Logistics and QA team in the development of global long range supply chain strategic roadmap and execution timeline.
- Lead SIOP process for global business unit. Facilitate divisional forecast consensus review and develop statistical forecast – support Logistics team in adherence to schedules, forecasts and KPI’s.
- Develop data analytics and maintain systems that will bring visibility to key procurement and product management KPI’s
- Plan, facilitate and summarize conference calls between Support Staff and their global counterparts
- Basic understanding of global ocean and air freight markets/ Incoterms
- Assist w/development of processes and procedures to consolidate view of global inventory positions
- Collaborate and partner w/QA, lead identification, qualification and implementation of in-country manufacturing and sourcing opportunities.
- Support Franchisee procurement resources by providing RFI/RFP generation support
- Establish and maintain database of product testing / approvals, supplier information, etc.
- Accompany Franchisee during business reviews with suppliers
- Remain abreast of changes in regulatory compliance; provide support to global partners with import regulations.
Best Industry – Food & Beverage
Best Department – Procurement, Purchasing, Logistics
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline is required.
7 – 10 years of experience in global or international logistics management, with an emphasis in purchasing and supplier experience is preferred.
Demonstrated supervisory and development track record for direct reports and collaboration with international partners
Develop, communicate and execute long term strategic sourcing plans for organization.
Knowledge and understanding of SIOP principles is required.
Experience with Forecasting/Demand Planning Systems is preferred
Experience w/ process design, project planning, policy/procedure development and implementation
Understanding of Incoterms and their application within network models is required.
Experience w/resolution of issues with international/global customs/municipalities is required.
Knowledge of tariff schedules (interpretation and applications) and import documentation is required.
Knowledge of ocean container shipment process (freight forwarders, shipping line, port activities)
Strong analytical problem solving skills are required.
Demonstrated continued process/quality improvement experience thorough knowledge of logistics execution strategies and MRP.
Ability to multitask numerous projects and responsibilities are required.
Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Vision and MS Project) is required.
Up to 15 - 25% Domestic/International Travel is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.