Working under the direction of the Global Director for Public Sector and Government Communications, this strategic thinker will craft and execute communications plans for local markets for their public sector work—with a strong grasp on BCG’s standing in the market. This position requires strong written skills and a particular understanding of the news cycle related to government work. The successful individual in this role will develop relationship internally to present a coherent narrative.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You have a high level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience with an ability to execute a strategic agenda
- You have a keen understanding of public policy and demonstrated writing skills with an ability to look past jargon and craft compelling storylines
- You have strong organizational skills with ability to plan, set goals, and manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-moving environment
- You display leadership presence and influence - engaging audience and projects self-assurance
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and willingness to embrace an iterative process
- You are versatile and open towards new ideas and change
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree in political science, international relations, or a business-related field with demonstrated high academic achievement. Masters preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience in think-tanks, academia, government. Professional services experience a plus, BCG experience a plus
- Powerful, logical, and effective verbal communication skills that resonate with the media and internally
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with all key stakeholders, i.e. practice areas, local office key contacts, global and regional media and marketing teams