We are looking for a next-generation marketer who is not only creative but data-driven. You know how to convert data into insights in order to develop campaigns that speak to our IT and network engineering audiences in fun, compelling ways. Working closely with digital marketing, creative agencies, freelancers, and every area of the Ciena marketing organization, you will become the expert in understanding our audiences and will drive the conversations with them. You'll play a key role in crafting the next chapters of our industry-changing story.
- Lead the development and management of integrated marketing plans including customer value prop, go-to-market strategy, creative development, program execution and measurement frameworks
- Ensure program planning is aligned to global sales strategies, product priorities and in concert with regional-marketing leaders
- Drive cross-functional alignment with social media, content marketing, digital marketing, community, public relations, events, portfolio marketing and marketing operations to implement a unified go-to-market approach
- Develop KPIs and ensure metrics and reporting capabilities provide the data needed to understand what's working and what needs optimization
- Direct creative agencies and freelancers, providing clear requirements and briefs that guide strong narrative development
- Build project plans with clear objectives, project timelines and program budgets
- Be the in-house voice of the customer – Leverage internal data, third-party research, and metrics from our martech systems to understand customer behavior and build personas that will guide the development of your campaigns and programs
- Develop and report on insights gathered from monitoring trends across campaigns and performance of each channel, content type and audience
- BS/BA in marketing, advertising, communications or journalism or MBA Marketing or equivalent.
- 6+ years' experience in a B2B marketing role, preferably but not necessarily in technology.
- Previous experience with thought-leadership programs and building integrated-marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to plan, execute, measure, and optimize marketing programs.
- Strong strategic thinker.
- Strong budget management and tracking experience.
- Strong writing skills required. Must be able to review, proof and edit copy. Candidates will be asked to show work samples.
- Detail-oriented and strong team player with excellent interpersonal, listening and verbal communications skills.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing: SEO, Paid Search, web, email marketing and Social.
- Experience with martech platforms such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, Kapost, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with marketing analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and other e-mail marketing tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently – self-directed to achieve ambitious goals.
- Strong project management and organizational required. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong track record of meeting tight deadlines and staying flexible in the face of change.
- Accounts-based marketing (ABM) experience preferred.