Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the Medical Device organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
As a key member of the Strategic Sourcing team, you will be responsible for ensuring implementation and flawless execution of significant Global Orthopaedics Supply Chain initiatives and projects.
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a matrix team in the actual implementation and execution of product transfers across a global network of suppliers.
- Ensure effective Project Management of all key strategic projects – with appropriate process controls, metrics, and stakeholder updates. Partner closely with Finance to ensure Financial planning and tracking is in place for all projects.
- Partner closely with Regulatory to execute the strategy necessary for all filings, inspections, and registrations in multiple sites and countries
- Manage initiatives effectively, timely, and on budget while minimizing any impact to base business, customer service and employee engagement.
- Handle competing demands relevant to scope, schedule, cost, risk and quality, and differing stakeholder requirements and expectations to satisfy outcomes
- Craft and deliver presentations to PMO/Management on project goals, plans, issues and risks, including progress reports, mitigation and contingency plans
- Develop and revise project plans, work with stakeholders to understand complex problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution in a timely manner, escalating as necessary to meet timelines
- Keep manager and key project stakeholders updated on project issues, issue resolution, risks and overall status of project
- Lead team to deliver all business case objectives. Challenge the team to be a high performing team that identifies solutions to exceed elements of the business case benefits.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, a degree in engineering is preferred, a master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Supply Chain, Healthcare, or related industry is required.
- Experience in Quality Systems and or highly regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain systems is preferred.
- The ability to have a global mindset and understanding of a high complexity systems landscape is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in a complex, high-paced environment is required.
- The ability to be self-motivated, a strong leader, a teammate, possess the ability to work with minimal supervision, and possess strong influencing skills is required.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities, build productive relationships, make decisions in an ambiguous environment, understand technical concepts, run a portfolio of projects and effectively communicate are required for this role.
- The ability to keep the manager and key project stakeholders updated on project issues, issue resolution, risks and overall status of project is required.
- Up to 15% domestic AND/OR international travel is required.