Global Program Manager IV (86088)
Plans, leads, monitors, coordinates and performs tactical operational activities for global programs. Services both suppliers and key customers and maintenance of existing business. Ensures cost, schedule, scope and technical deliverable requirements are met for assigned programs. Focus required on key customer initiatives, supplier initiatives, providing customer interface, and overall management of the program across the globe. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned:
- Works with global counterparts to ensure both internal and external global key measurement indicators are being met.
- Meets with suppliers to develop common metrics and objectives through development and delivery of creative brief(s).
- Performs supply chain duties and/or other related tasks as assigned to the scope of the program such as MRP (material requirement planning) meetings, POURS (point of use replenishment system), Lean sizing, invoicing, quoting, and purchase order placement.
- Manages program effort ensuring content and deliverables are executed in a timely fashion.
- Works with global cross functional team to deliver results.
- Communicates project status to counterparts.
- Serves as escalation point for all issues pertaining to customer, end customer, supplier, or Regional counterparts.
- Serves as lead liaison between end-customer and suppliers for all related program issues.
- Quotes, verifies, and manage the pricing for all customers.
- Tracks, manages, and reports all internal key measurements.
- Creates initial B2B solutions and maintains B2B connectivity for engagements.
- May serve as a mentor to other team members.
Job Level Specifications:
- Mastery knowledge industry best practices and job functions. Is considered a subject matter expert within the organization and contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to highly complex and uniquely challenging problems. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and intangible variables. Is expected to make improvements to policies and procedures.
- Works independently toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion. Virtually self-supervisory. Might supervise 1 - 2 individuals who provide tactical / operational support.
- Serves as consultant to management and external spokesperson for the organization on major initiatives related to policy, plans and long-range objectives.
- Actions impact the organization and its reputation. Effects of erroneous decisions are long-lasting, influence the future course of the organization and require the expenditure of extensive additional resources.
- 10+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- May be required to work a schedule based on the needs of the global supplier and their work schedule will vary based on demand.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.