BASIC PURPOSE: This position would be responsible all elements of production planning for SEWS Wire Harness Division, Honda and Subaru business. This includes GPP and Mexico operations.
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Understands current, mid, and long-term customer forecast, analysis, and reports change points and publishes a timely forecast.
- Establishes and maintains annual Days On Hand (DOH) plan, section budget, mid-term plan, operational expenses, and headcount.
- As an agent of SEWS, provides leadership, monitoring, and reporting of Mexico and GPP new model start-up, mass production, and build-out activities.
- Balances plant workload and capacity. Monitors supply chain and reports and implements countermeasures as needed to limit customer, SEWS, and plant risk.
- Monitors overall Supply Chain Management, provides support to Delivery, Logistics, and Warehouse sections as needed.
- Estimates, tracks and reports special delivery cost, service part cost, team truck and storage costs.
- Reports daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly actual performance compared to budget.
- Supports/leads projects for improvement in processes as directed by upper management.
- Trains both GPP and T&S management. Works to improve interdepartmental communication, reporting and awareness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 8-10 years of experience in manufacturing, scheduling, international business, or related field.
- Business level Japanese (reading, typing and speaking) preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint. Word, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities. Strong mathematical and multi-tasking skills.