Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal's Product Launch Management team 1) develops best practices & tools to improve how we launch products at PayPal, and 2) implements those best practices, leading the most complex launches to ensure we delight our customers and achieve business results.
You will lead the cross-functional team comprised of Product, Engineering, Analytics, Product Marketing, Operations, Risk and Public Relations towards a common goal: launching high-quality, relevant product capabilities globally across all PayPal markets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Create and execute against a holistic launch plan to ensure a successful global market launch for new product capabilities, enable country rollouts, lead testing activities (alpha, beta, pilots) and end to end experience reviews; lead the cross-functional global team, providing strategic and tactical expertise; responsible for horizontal and executive communications, as well as senior-level presentations.
- Launch strategy: for a product portfolio, define geographic scope, product functionality, detailed timing, throttle and analytics plan; align resources to support
- Launch execution:
- Will execute moderate to high complexity launches
- Follows and contributes recommended launch process and creates launch plan
- Creates and manages clear gating criteria with business partners
- Manages pilots and beta and ensures feedback is acted on by working team
- Identifies and mobilizes launch working team
- Understands needs and requirements for global rollouts
- Champion Launch Management best practices across the organization
- Cross-functional/organizational leadership & influence:
- Identifies key stakeholders and can lead a project
- Is open, honest, and direct in interactions with team members
- Creates clear and consistent communication that conveys clear launch goals and perspective
- Builds credibility with business partner and is viewed as go to person for launch
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity
- Business and Product Acumen
- Comprehends Key Performance Indicators for the product
- Articulates the strategic value of the product and rough economics
- Basic understanding of the competitive landscape
- Understands key customer flows and dependencies
- Is knowledgeable about domains and dependencies of product
- Able to distill and present technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Champion for our customers
- Passion for product
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence others without formal authority
- High energy, strong work discipline
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts to business audiences, working seamlessly across various functional domains
- Scrappy and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Sharp business judgment, detail oriented yet able to always see the "big picture"
- Able to work autonomously with high variability
- Fun, outgoing, and a great sense of humor
- Experience in Product Management, Program Management for a technology company
- Experience managing a large go-to-market project
- 7-12 years of work experience
- MBA preferred
- Travel: 25%
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least two of the following areas: financial services, banking, payments, retail, online commerce, Internet portal, social networking, payment processors, mobile
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.