The Global Product Platform Manager is responsible for driving global profit growth through effective planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing the product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and product plan and strategy, then working closely with those in all functional business areas to ensure metrics for revenue and customer satisfaction are obtained. The Global Platform Manager’s job includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and financial goals.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with regional and global marketing.
- Work with global leadership to optimize the sustainable global financial returns (ROI) associated with a defined product platform, proactively rationalizing current and future offerings.
- Understand end user segments’ business needs and the potential to leverage BAC’s technology and product competencies.
- Define targeted customer segment buying criteria, create easy to understand core positioning and messaging for thorough understanding among senior leaders, key sales/marketing personnel.
- Provide product and technology expertise on a broad range of competitors/alternative solutions to meet end user needs.
- Develop business cases to generate support for BAC’s investments in technology and new product development.
- Provide oversight of new product development programs thorough marketing launch, accountable for results to target.
- Deliver required documentation for market and product with prioritization on features and corresponding justification.
- Drive engagement of engineering and operations to optimize product design and manufacturing efforts to meet customer needs and satisfaction.
- Run test/pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Provide support for field sales, including training, trade shows and key customer accounts.
- Develop and drive the go-to-market strategy in how we present, how we sell, with sales tools such as selection software, marketing campaigns, etc. to effectively drive sales
- Support pricing and setting of revenue/profitability goals.
- Monitor/report monthly unit volumes and financials to plan and prior year.
- With executive direction, work with third parties to assess partnerships, acquisitions, and licensing opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver business presentations and reviews for regular management and executive reviews
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Global Product Platform Manager will report to the Director, Global Product Management & Marketing. As part of the Sales & Marketing Department, the Global Product Platform Manager will have significant interaction with all levels and function within the organization. This position does not require direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Master’s of Business Administration
- 8-10 years+ in B2B industries
- 5+ years of experience in product management, marketing, business management
- Technical or Science background
- Global mindset and experience in global matrix organizations
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products to market for superior ROI
- Exceptional analytical capabilities with experiences in analyzing financial and sales data, extracting relevant information and providing recommendations to improve results
- Skilled in product management with experience in pricing/cost analysis, value proposition development, payback analysis, market research, product positioning
- Strong project management experience with proven ability to coordinate projects across cross functional teams
- Proven ability to consult with internal clients to determine project objectives, design appropriate methodology, and manage resources and timelines for many projects at once
- Exceptional market research skills and comfortable in working with incomplete or nebulous data/information to develop coherent and structured outcomes for marketing sizing, market needs, segmentation, purchasing behavior, etc.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Self starter, problem solver