At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The product manager supports the development and management of a successful, sustainable laboratory automation franchise, ensuring delivery of exceptional customer value and business targets. Acts as a subject matter expert on our products/solutions, and manages the product area day-to-day, in line with the global marketing plan and in collaboration with area teams. Proactively identifies new opportunities to grow and differentiate the franchise and collaborates across the organization to effectively develop and launch new products and solutions on-time and on-budget.
Proactively manages all aspects of the product line, evolving to stay ahead of the market and keep relevant to the global and local markets.
Strategic responsibilities include:
- Development of business cases to support product development or enhancement
- Input into annual marketing planbased on business objectives, franchise strategy and commercial area needs.
- Ability to sell ideas internally, align multiple stakeholders to a common goal and drive projects forward to deliver business objectives.
- Develop & execute robust launch plans across multiple functional areas and geographies. Closely documents and reports on launch plan, anticipates and mitigates and risk to timing, scope or budget.
Tactical responsibilities (day-to-day) include:
- Execution of marketing mix as defined in marketing plan
- Act as technical expert/SME for product to business and all key stakeholders
- Full responsibility for lifecycle management
- Communication of product related communications/issues
- Proactive identification and resolution of potential product or market issues
- Engage and influence commercial area teams, R&D, regulatory etc. to set and meet launch timings, budgets and business strategy & objectives.
- Supports the commercial area teams to deliver on the franchise business goals.
The position requires the ability to understand the technology and capabilities of Abbott products, market and customer dynamics – including competitive assessment. The candidate must be highly organized, self-directed and goal-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks/projects and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Achievement of franchise revenue, margin objectives, market share and brand over the long term.
- Achievement of successful launches on-time and on-budget, achieving agreed KPIs.
- Achievement of annual goals and sustaining tasks
Education:Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, medical technology, life sciences, engineering or related technical discipline. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum total experience of 5 years, 2 years of commercial (sales/marketing) experience). Highly preferred: Experience in Diagnostics (2 years) ideally in IVD. Marketing product launch experience.