When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Global Product Manager role is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives. The role will reside in Chelmsford, MA.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager is a global position repornding and channel management will help drive the development ofting to the Director of Product Management. Your expertise with bra the Water & Lab Products (WLP) Business Unit in the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific and create awareness, excitement and buy-in from direct and indirect channels.
What will you do?
- Develop the global strategic plan, execution strategy and market segment strategy.
- Creatively drive global marketing related activities for both new product development and existing products with an emphasis on innovation and brand.
- Manage and monitor business plan & product road map for all new and existing products.
- Own and support the product life cycle from inception to obsolescence.
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance to the local organization and BU Market segment teams.
- Obtain and interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback.
- Research market trends and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making.
- Present and update product training.
- Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports, as it relates to product sales activity, market and channel trends, and competition.
- Identify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions.
How will you get here?
- Education BS/BA is required, MBA is preferred.
- Product management experience.
- Background in Lab equipment/measurements (preferably Lab analysis of liquids).
- Experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels including Tier 1 and Tier 2 distributors and direct.
- Experience in developing and/or launching new products for global markets.
- Comfortable working in marketing led organizations.
- Experience managing products / product lines (instrumentation preferred).
- Ability to work in a multinational / multicultural environment.
- Global business acumen.
- Require up to 30% travel including international.
- Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Courageous, outgoing, analytical, disciplined, agile, team oriented.
- Effectively lead and manage a team through positively influencing others.
- Solution driven with the ability to think and engage peers to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks.
- Proactively cooperate with other departments especially with respect to product development.
- Motivated to present to all levels of the organization internally and externally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.