As a key member of the LifeSciences team, this role enables a newer “business within a business” to help the world Live Better and increase Lubrizol’s technology and presence into the global marketplace of Beauty and Home products. As the Global Product Manager for our global Finished Goods business, your job is to lead and accelerate sustainable growth by using your business acumen and understanding of operations and optimization of business processes to lead and accelerate sustainable growth. In this role, you work closely with leadership team to refine and execute the business strategy and required systems, prioritize and enable new opportunities cross functionally, plan for the required operational footprint to execute today and considering the future, and manage the existing products and growth of the portfolio, as well as other departments for assuring the support needed to be successful.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and align product line strategy with business strategy, proactively communicate plans and programs to cross functional teams, globally.
- Establish strong and efficient operating mechanisms, including tools and processes, to track, manage, and execute new growth opportunities for the Finished Good Beauty and Home segments.
- Enable the business to calculate and then wisely prioritize resources for new target opportunities in consideration of effort required, risk, profitability, and costs.
- Provide guidance for product line positioning and pricing.
- Manage product portfolio and life cycle to maximize growth and financial performance of the product lines.
- Leads effective global cross functional stakeholder update meetings.
- Evaluate risk/reward trade-offs. Communicates timely and effectively about risks that could impact objectives and deliverables.
- Negotiate with resource managers; resolve identified resource limitations. Demonstrates independent decision making.
- Collaboratively implements and grows product portfolio using both internal technologies and strategic external partnerships.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree (chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, biology)
- Minimum 10+ years leading cross functional teams on large complex projects
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in both product management and manufacturing roles
- Demonstrated financial acumen considering both strategic and tactical levels
- A change agent who has demonstrated successes in leading others through uncertainty
- Proven in creating, designing, implementing winning business processes – cross functionally
- Experience with growing new businesses models from early stage into maturity, ideally within an existing matrixed (complex) business
- Familiarity of finished products within the Beauty and/or Home markets, ideally both B2B and B2C
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills