Do you want to work on a dynamic, high-energy team that is changing the face of online travel? Are you a self-starter who likes to deep-dive on customer and partner challenges?
Our team leads the geography data, systems and processes which power all of our brand sites.
As a product manager you will not only invent new ways of managing and using Geography data, but will also lead change with partners across Expedia. Bring your experience, creativity,
collaboration skills, technical acumen, and determination to be the best, and join us as we continue to reinvent travel.
Working within the Expedia Global Product team, you will participate in creating the strategy and product execution for Geography data impacting multiple lines of business and brands.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Drive new feature development through every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Gather detailed requirements from partners, collaborate with software design engineers, designers, usability engineers and testers to identify feature details and document them in functional specifications.
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost, schedule, and customer benefit.
- Engage development, test, and operations to deliver features to production and drive problem resolution once the new feature has gone live.
- Build effective relationships with key internal business teams; with a special focus on building bridges with the diverse business groups that run Expedia’s brand organizations (Hotels.com, Expedia.com, Hotwire, and many others).
- 5+ years of product management, program management or similar experience in a professional technology organization (preferably ecommerce).
- A passion for and experience with designing user interfaces.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- High degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and outcomes, and communication of overall project status.
- Ability to work cross functionally to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- A BA/BS degree in technical field or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working with complex business requirements for technical teams with responsibility for prioritization and communicating across teams.
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths leading products in complex, multi-project delivery environments.
- Ability to evangelize and articulate technical products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Skilled at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple businesses and technical teams. All while, setting expectations and contributing to positive internal and external relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Some travel is required for this position. You will need to be able to travel occasionally internationally.