Expedia's Flights team is looking for a Product Manager to play a vital role in our ongoing efforts to deliver the best Flight shopping experience on the web.
Do you want to help people go places? Come fly with us.
In this role you will develop, prioritize and deliver a portfolio of features and test & learns to improve the user experience of millions of people shopping for flights, across multiple brands (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity) all around the world. As a part of the team, you will work with local and global partners to create a delightful product, execute strategy, and drive business goals. You will bring a strong entrepreneurial approach and the technical and analytical know-how needed to deliver results. We are looking for an effective relationship builder and communicator, capable of quickly establishing the mutual respect and understanding needed to drive critical support from a broad range of disciplines and personalities. Most importantly, you are a creative problem solver with an eye for details, keen focus on results, and a love of travel.
- Help shape Flight Product Strategy with your innovative ideas and deep understanding of the customer experience and industry / ecommerce trends.
- Establish the vision, business goals, roadmap, and A/B testing strategy for your product(s).
- Support your tests and features with quantifiable observations. Define product success metrics and provide detailed analysis of business impact, and lead executive communication on results.
- Build effective relationships with key internal business, operations and technical teams worldwide, as well as external partners.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and other product teams to deliver best in class product enhancements
- As a product leader, you will lead trade-off decisions between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of set features to production that meet customer needs.
- You communicate well both verbally and in writing, share information and ideas with others, listen carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints.
- Productivity - You prioritize tasks, develop good work procedures, manage time well, handle information flow and spend the majority of your time and resources on high priority items.
- Negotiation Skills - You conduct positive negotiations, have the ability to compromise, handle conflict, seek common ground, and articulate your own and others' goals, stay focused on positive outcome.
- Organizational Effectiveness - You operate within the organization's formal and informal structures, build allies and relationships across departments, use allies to build consensus and create results, are appropriately diplomatic, understand others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multilevel organization.
- Data Driven with a strong propensity for the Scientific Method
- BA/BS Required
- 5+ years of product management or related experience. Should include several product/service launches utilizing SCRUM/Agile Development to deliver Web and/or Mobile Applications
- Experience in a high volume eCommerce environment (Air/Travel Industry experience preferred)
- Experience in Mobile First responsive design
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing standard methodologies in UX design
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (externally and internally at all levels)
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and positively influence a large, complex organization
- Consistent track record of defining and executing key analyses that generate actionable insights with minimal supervision