Expedia is a global e-commercetravel leader, with ambitions to “power the lodging industry”. We are changing how we operate in the travel ecosystem and are actively seeking to bring new value to our partners. Expedia is looking for a bold product manager to lead our efforts to build out a set of products and services that support our most strategic customers. You will bring intellectual curiosity, focus on customer needs, and demonstrate leadership to drive collaborative execution across the Expedia organization.
As the Product Manager of this product portfolio, you will work closely with internal teams to develop product experiences that create positive experiences for consumers and suppliers on the Expedia platform. You will craft product requirements and partner with engineering and UX to execute against the vision and strategy. You will build and measure a backlog of experiments that drive learning and incubation of future products.
You will clearly communicate issues, ideas and concepts both verbally and in written form between business and technical parties.
You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to interact effectively with all disciplines and levels in the organization. You are a creative problem solver. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and actively seek data to drive sound decision making.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for your product. From conception to design, specification and implementation.
- Be a good partner. Collaborate with business partners to understand supplier needs and functional requirements.
- Rally the team. Lead, build trust, and drive execution with dedicated design and engineering teams.
- Know the customer. Understand and identify customer needs/gaps, supported by primary and secondary research.
- Make trade-offs. Manage difficult decisions around what you build, when you build, and for whom.
- Drive adoption. Build adoption of your product through continuous learning (feedback loops) and iterative development.
- Measure. Craft, own, and drive all product health metrics that move the business and delight customers.
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degreerequired, MBA or Master's Degreepreferred
- At least 3-4 years of experience in product or technical product management
- Ability to move fast, think big and motivate others
- Experience defining projects, driving requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, and coordinating feature team effort
- Client-facing and/or consultative and travelexperience a plus
- User intuition on consumer web products
- A technical B.S. degree (preferred)
- Smart, collaborative colleagues who are passionate about travel.
- Start-up like work within a stable business model.
- Access and exposure to people, knowledge, and technologies at the biggest online travel company in the world, powering leading online travel brands, including Expedia, Orbitz, HomeAway, Trivago, and Hotels.com.
- Respect for your life outside of work, and pursuit of passions and desire to spend time with loved ones.