Responsible for serving as a key contributor of the overall commercialization effort for products in our electrophysiology (EP) catheter portfolio. This position has responsibility for managing products through their development life cycle from opportunity assessment and stakeholder requirements definition through global launch and ongoing product management. The position leads our global marketing efforts by coordinating with EP Commercial Excellence, EP Clinical Insights and Market Development, and Geography Marketing managers to define global product marketing strategy, plan and implement a publication strategy, and maintain competitive intelligence to support product differentiation and competitive blunting. The incumbent in this position will be regarded as a deep technical expert in EP catheters with real world experience in the use of the products by customers.
Each employee can make a differenceatAbbott and has thepower,eitherindividuallyoras a team,toinfluencethesuccessofthe company. We are team oriented, fast paced and progressive.Wevalue people withgreat ideas who partner with others bothinternally and externallytotake action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Leads the business planning process for assigned products including opportunity and needs assessment (with associated NPV analysis) and product planning and data development. Presents recommendations to management at multiple levels.
- Supports the development of global launch strategy and execution plans for assigned product(s)/product lines in collaboration with global EP Commercial Excellence.
- Leads the definition of stakeholder/customer requirements for assigned products
- Serves as leader of physician product planning advisory board for assigned products
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications to support development of launch materials, product literature, and any other collateral material required to support sales and key marketing messages
- Manages assigned products through their lifecycle including portfolio optimization, customer input tracking and analysis, field marketing notifications, and support for continuous improvement efforts.
- Conducts product overviews and demonstrations for external (physicians, hospital administration) and internal (sales reps, field clinical engineers) stakeholders.
- Collaborates with EP Commercial Excellence to define and launch sales enablement tools
- Partners with EP Clinical Insights and Market Development to develop and maintain a solid understanding of competitive product performance, messaging, and market adoption. Predicts changes that could impact the business and recommends proactive strategic planning changes.
- Collaborates with EP Clinical Insights and Market Development to plan and manage and report on limited market releases of assigned products
- Partners with global market intelligence to develop and maintain market models for assigned products.
- Explores business development opportunities to further enhance and bolster product positioning in the market.
- Supports strategic planning process by identifying paths to become or remain the #1 or #2 market share leader.
- Engages training resources to further develop field force on use of product and increase proficiency.
- Engages teaching institutions and Key Opinion Leaders in development efforts and builds or strengthens valuable partnerships to maintain interest of thought leaders and podium presence.
- Represents marketing and sales as the product development Core Team Member for assigned products. Core team duties include delivery of customer requirements, review and approval of labeling, review and approval of product validation activities, and support for risk management activities.
- Collaborates with Research and Technology to maximize commercial potential of new technologies.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- 4 yeardegree in a relevant discipline; MBA a plus.
- 2+ years marketing experience, preferably in the medical device or healthcare industry. Candidates can also have relevant experience in another field such as product development, education, or sales in lieu of previous Marketing experience.
- Experience working with complex product portfolios in the medical device industry. Experience in cardiac electrophysiology and disposable medical device development teams preferred.
- Developed leadership skills/experience, including the ability to map task interdependencies, prioritize such tasks, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%, including internationally.