Global Product Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Global Product Manager, Integrated Workflow Solutions
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Marketing Management
- The Global Product Manager - Integrated Workflow Solutions is responsible to manage and develop activities required to implement Change Management (MPD™) and Middleware (DataLink) services and solutions across the entire platform. Identifies and drives integrated solutions to ensure competitive differentiation for the complete portfolio. Establishes and maintains a worldwide communication networkwith regional LEAN and IT Specialists for global best practices and is a key partner to the regions for growing market share.
- Lead the integrated solutions and be the LEAN/Six Sigma subject matter expert within the marketing team.
- Demonstrate deep expertise of change management, LEAN services and clinical laboratory workflows.
- Uses the knowledge and understanding of global customer needs and the challenges experienced globally across laboratory facilities (Clinical & Pathology laboratories) to develop new tools and LEAN offerings to support customers and business goals.
- Establish self as the LEAN/Six Sigma expert in the area of Clinical & Pathology laboratory operations and manage training for regional LEAN specialists to enhance their skillset and expertise
- ApplyLEAN/Six Sigma methodologies to define creative approaches to problem solving.
- Develop deep knowledge of healthcareinformation technology capabilities in the context of diagnostic laboratories.
- Develop technical solution messaging and positioning for integrated solutions that will differentiate products from a workflow and IT perspective and identify how they address customers’ technical needs.
- Create internal and external technical positioning documents focused on the technology benefits of our solutions.
- Works closely together with the product managers, commercial marketing manager and R&D to design and deliver programs to help the saleschannel and other departments within the organization.
- Works together with the commercial marketing manager to develop effective sales communication of the value proposition and develop the technical and non-technical sales tools and training to support our sales consultants in having technical discussion with their customers.
- Initiate, develop and execute marketing plan to increase market awareness, enable effective selling, deliver differentiated value to our customers and meet business unit financial goals
- Provide on-going support for the saleschannel. Deliver product information to qualified buyers in support of existing sales efforts. Look for opportunities to make support more repeatable. Provide market intelligence to sales, be the expert on your customer.
- Provide product and market expertise for events such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars and seminars (including ability to travel to these events).
- Contribute to downstream and upstream marketing projects as appropriate to support the business strategy.
- Strong team member able to communicate effectively and work extremely well with complex multidisciplinary teams and global markets.
- Assess market dynamics, competition, business risks and opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
- Extensive travelrequired to conduct LEAN assessments at customer sites, maintain relationships with customers, opinion leaders, regional sales/marketing leaders, field sales etc.
- Sales volume, revenue, operating budget, market research, product lifecycle and marketing management.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and as a member of multi-functional global teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a BA degree in medical and/or nursing, healthcaretechnology, related science or engineering.
- 5+ years experience in Laboratory / Clinical Diagnostics with at least 2years designing and executing customized automated laboratory solutions.
- Skilled in Lean / Six Sigma methodologies, change management, team development and project management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in: marketing, product and project management, planning, execution, time-management and follow-through skills.
- Strong knowledge of healthcarelandscape and associated challenges (IT, Change management) in lab hospitals required.
- Understanding of current and emerging use of clinical information systems and technologies that supporthealthcare information systems and industry drivers.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and be comfortable communicating across various levels of stakeholders from the executive suite to departmental/functional representatives.
- Personal characteristics: dynamic, team player, detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful - "will figure it out", customer-focused, interested in professional development/career progression.
- Collaborates well with a broad array of internal stakeholders including: executives, customer service, finance, operations, quality, R&D, and sales.
- Experience in sales, capital sales or account ownership with strong documented track record of success strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Experiencewithmiddleware solutions or LIS systems preferred.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt Certification is preferred
- LEAN Agent Certification is preferred
- Healthcaremarketing and consulting experiencepreferred
50% travel. (70% US and 30% International)
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
- 5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- Do you possess a Six Sigmablack belt certification? Or Lean Agent certification?
- Do you possess at least 5+ years experience in Laboratory / Clinical Diagnostics with at least 2years designing and executing customized automated laboratory solutions.
Lean/Six Sigma Lab Instrumentation Change Management Familiar with cytology, lab or molecular diagnostics