Job Description Summary
Global Product Manager is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level for BD Molecularproduct lines with primary focus on the BD MAX platforms. The role will have responsibility for downstream marketing activities in support of both US and worldwide marketing teams. Influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans. Decisions or recommendations impact sales. Influences within work area/ department/ function; provides significant input into product line-relatedbusiness decisions and resource planning; plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading project/ initiative teams, including marketing core team member on product development core team. Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. branding, product development,forecasting. This position will be accountable for worldwide product planning as well as forecast and demand consensus for instrumentation and reagents as applicable. Will serve on product development core teams as well as act as the liaison betweeninternal functional areas and field based sales teams.
- Manages all aspects of product marketing plans for assigned products to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies, including market sensing, market development and marketing mix.
- Manages drivers of demand for assigned product line(s) such as pricing strategy, channel strategy, contracting, and product mix.
- Participates as a marketing core team member on cross-platform technical teams, delivering the marketing leadership and support needed to the relevant projects.
- Works in conjunction with other BD marketing teams to identify opportunities to improved product collection devices as well any otherassociated ancillary products applicable to the molecular platforms covered.
- Works with worldwide marketing manager in driving new product development for platforms.
- Works with sales and national accounts groups in rolling out strategic product and pricing initiatives.
- Responsible for working closely with sales training teams to update and develop sales training tools for associated product line.
- Responsible for directly training sales teams in new developments, strategies and product positioning.
- Responsible for developing sales promotions either direct or through distribution for covered product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific/ technical area (e.g., life sciences, med tech), MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in product and/or market management. Business experience may include marketing, sales, sales training, business development.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years of business experience in the life science industry.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, targeted marketing, competitive analysis, pricing strategy and go to market models and strategies.
- Demonstrates effective communication and presentation skills and can work internationally with diverse cultures.
- Displays an understanding of product lifecycle management, business strategy planning, comprehensive market assessment and financial justification/analysis using product line financial management tools.
- Has a history of achieving and delivering against key objectives and timelines.
- Able to work at a fast pace with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to travel 25% of the time