You will be a strategist, who enjoys spending time in market, and that will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates.
- Own the holistic view and strategy for our Advanced Robotics product platform that enables our customers to quickly integrate those challenging applications quickly.
- Develop a forward-looking, multi-year roadmap of products that will bring this vision to life
- Build new formats and experiences that exceed customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, applications, product insights and our business partners
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into powerful user stories that create smart requirements for our products, applications, and solutions
- Manage the product strategy and requirements throughout the project and product lifecycle
- Own and drive all aspects of the complete product lifecycle management including stakeholder engagement/management, product ideation, definition, prioritization, overseeing development and launch, and contribute to ongoing strategic roadmap management
- Act as primary product communicator and link between key stakeholders and teams, ensuring there is buy in from stakeholders on all major hardware decisions and clear and timely instruction on deliverable execution
- Provide product ownership and work closely with engineering and program management throughout the product development process; be a constant advocate for the customer, provide continuous guidance for project teams, and lead tradeoff negotiation and prioritization discussions
Who are we looking for?
We expect our future colleague in this role to come with 5+ years of product management industry experience, in developing a combination of hardware and software tools. It’s key that you are tech savvy and passionate about building platform products that enable customer satisfaction, and that you have excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or other technical discipline; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years’ product management experience in hardware and/or software products. Experience in robotics or industrial automation is a plus.
- Experience with best practices in agile development and lean startup principles
- You are comfortable facilitating planning and decision-making across several teams, including partners, and know how to encourage and empower teams to get things done.
- You care deeply about the user experience and have extensive knowledge in design principles, UX, quantitative and qualitative research
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle and driving successful business outcomes
- Metrics-driven: track record of leveraging strong analytical and quantitative skills and data to drive decisions
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders; must be comfortable being a public speaker in front of large, senior groups
- Experience using and managing cross-functional collaboration and product development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Suite or similar tools, and Microsoft CRM; proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite