ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out
- Communicates effectively with ASICS Corporation design and development staff, as well as regional merchandisers in all global regions, in evaluating, reviewing and updatingcategoryproduct lines to ensure on-time launches of key products
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned design briefs
- Manages resources to execute assigned programs
- Coordinates program planning with customer to ensure identification of appropriate manufacturing schedules, goals, design criteria, costs, and similar considerations
- Delegates projects within category to meet objectives and timelines
- Coordinates details of program within the organization with a wide range of functions and individuals
- Works in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Department in mapping out direction for advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with Merchandising to analyse historical sell in and sell out numbers to make best decisions for future product lines and new model introductions.
- Travels to markets to gain optimal market understanding and discover opportunities. Map out the market trends for the specific category.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insight to clearly understand the target consumers for your specific category.
- Drive seasonal update of competitor matrix. Should clearly map the technologies and price points for all competing styles in the category.
- Drive finalization of seasonal concepts. Works closely with Consumer Insight and Merchandising teams in preparation of seasonal plan.
- Responsible for creating the line plan for Architecture Cut, containing the optimal and most effective mix of the market needs expressed by merchandising and new concepts to create newness for our brand in the category.
- Drive the seasonal development of the product line thru Global design reviews and sample review meetings.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days and weekends to support the business needs
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees, customers and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Influence and Inspire
- Shows Great Judgment
- Delivers Results Effectively
- Job Expertise
- Cultivates Collaboration
- Connects with the Customer
- Communicates Effectively
- Set Direction
- Build a Great Team
- 4-8years experience in Product management within sporting or athletic industry
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Retail Merchandising, or Product Development preferred
- Technical background, understands materials, fit, function, and end-user requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of product development, manufacturing, and retail buying process
- Experience working with international cultures and in an international environment
- Report generating and analytical experience related to merchandising, financials and sales
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and Lotus Notes