Redwood City, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 68 days ago
The Product Lifecycle Management Associate Director will be responsible for product strategy and lifecycle management of our existing Breast product. The Product Lifecycle Management Associate Director will manage global considerations for the product, such as report development, line extension opportunities, indication expansion, partner collaborations, and the timing of potential product end-of-life scenarios. S/He will accomplish these tasks by relying on a deep understanding and knowledge of clinical needs, customer needs, market trends, and competitive pressures as well as establishing short and long-term objectives and plans that transform the product strategy into clear measurable results. The Product Lifecycle Management Associate Director will accomplish his/her tasks through interactions with a broad range of functions involved with the development and commercialization of Genomic Health's (GHI's) products including R&D, clinical, operations, program management, commercial, finance, regulatory, and legal functions. This position collaborates with and influences varying levels of internal and external personnel and requires a strong team-focused approach, direct interactions with customers, and public presentations. Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential to the success of this position as well as the ability to distill complex information from multiple sources into clear, compelling and actionable business cases. The Product Lifecycle Management Associate Director is expected to have broad knowledge of the healthcare landscape and commercialization of products, and familiarity with the clinical and technical aspects of product development. This position will report to the VP/Sr. Director of Strategy and Product Management within the Business & Product Development organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Maximize the value of some of GHI's key product lines by developing and maintaining the long-term product strategy and business plan for the product, including indication expansion, market entry strategy, and partner collaboration opportunities.
· Analyze and incorporate the impact of key market and clinical trends, customer needs, and competitive offerings to develop differentiated product roadmaps, new product features and functionalities, and recommendations for investments to sustain existing product growth such as additional clinical studies.
· Provide product management leadership with deep interaction and collaboration with commercial leadership, clinical development, sustaining operations, and product lifecycle management colleagues.
· Build relationships with key opinion leaders and strategic partners to support product management objectives.
· Monitor and optimize existing product business including maintaining product P&Ls and forecasts, monitoring product delivery and quality issues, monitoring competitive landscape, interacting with key opinion leaders, and providing support to the commercial team as needed. Managing the product throughout its lifecycle including recommendations regarding iterations and next generation development requirements.
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· BS in Life Sciences or similar discipline with a general understanding of biology, diagnostics and medical devices. MBA strongly preferred.
· A minimum of 12+ years of relevant industry experience with product development and/or commercialization including 5+ years of product lifecycle management or P&L management experience in the diagnostic, Pharma, Life Sciences or medical device field. A minimum of 2 years' experience in a regulated devices environment (IVD or medical devices - IVD preferred)
· Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to generate and articulate a strong product vision and strategy and carry it all the way to tactical planning and successful execution in a dynamic market place. Successful track record of achieving product line goals.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively distill a large amount of complex customer, clinical, market, and technical data from multiple sources into a clear product value proposition and to articulate and communicate this value proposition to a range of customer and internal audiences.
· Must have proven ability to build relationships and work effectively as a leader and/or team member with cross-functional teams including R&D, clinical, operations, commercial, finance, legal, and business development.
· Familiarity with product development and project management methodologies in regulated environments (FDA, ISO, CE).
· Must have demonstrated success in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
· Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
· Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
· Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
· MS or PhD Life Sciences or similar discipline
· Strong knowledge and experience in the area of oncology including external trends and issues in the global oncology landscape
· Strong analytical skills with experience with financial modeling or data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze financial models to forecast and track results
· Experience in a regulated market space including CLIA, FDA, CE
· Experience with development and commercialization of products outside the United States
· Experience with driving clinical adoption and reimbursement of value-based diagnostics through clinical and economic impact studies
· Experience with working in both the clinical environment (i.e HCPs) and the diagnostic lab environment (i.e testing laboratories)