The role of Procurement Master Data Management Director will report directly to the Vice President of Global Procurement Transformation. The Procurement Transformation teams mission is to manage and deliver large, complex engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business solutions in partnership with the functions and the Strategic Business Groups (SBGs). To meet this need, the Procurement Master Data Management Director is responsible for working cross-business and cross-functionally to drive vendor master data quality and data governance capabilities throughout the end-to-end life cycle of Vendor Master in all source systems.
This leader will be responsible for standing up enterprise-level data quality measurements and audits, create, maintain, and deactivation standards across the businesses and systems. Build and improve system integration, acquisition and divestiture standards and operations for the data domain, aligned to other masters. Will be responsible for developing and managing the enterprise-level view of vendor hierarchy, and capabilities to manage these hierarchies within the source-system capabilities.This leader will drive common process, standards, policies, controls, audits, metrics, governance, and organization capabilities across the businesses globally. Will be closely aligned with the Strategic Business Group Enterprise Information Management leaders to support the continued maturity of Vendor Master data from their currently maturity levels through Level 5. Will provide expertise to Procurement Transformation staff and project teams in the areas of change management, communications, knowledge management and industry best-practice bench marking. Candidates are expected to be well-versed in Vendor Master business processes and the Vendor Master data domain, and be willing to go into a deep level of detail, while still keeping a big-picture view to ensure alignment of people, processes and technology.
- Develop and deploy a global vendor master management operating system
- Ensure understanding and maintenance of regional specific data requirements
- Standardize vendor masterprocesses & development of global practices
- Design and establish Data Governance standard processes, metrics and stewardship to improve data quality, efficiency and operating effectiveness
- Execute strategies, tools, and reporting processes to track key performance measures & create dashboards to monitor, measure and present vendor master data metrics & maturity standards
- Drive initiatives to progress Vendor Master through advanced levels of data maturity with a roadmap for Maturity Levels 2-5
- Improve operating effectiveness and administrative costs through cycle time reduction, achieve service level agreements, and positively impact to the vendor experience
- Create, drive, standardize, and automate a functional metrics process. Further develop functional scorecards and ensure process is uniformly executed by the organization.
- Lead process and prepare topics for STRAP and AOP
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of established methodologies and offer improvement ideas driving rapid cycle time and maximum business impact.
- Identify and prioritize project opportunities for operation ensuring usage of appropriate tools.
- Complete project requirements analysis of FT and group resources, total costs, and timing within well defined scope.
- Act as thought leader and change agent for integration and re-engineering activities.
- Challenge existing process approach and performance with sharing of best industry practices.
- Measure against internal and external benchmarks.
- Advocate and drive Six Sigma and project management approach to operations teams, with the intent of providing practical tools and processes to deliver significant, measurable improvements
- Provide leadership and understanding of the Vendor Master setup and account management process
- Develop and implement a Master Data Management (MDM) strategy and associated processes in collaboration with Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team to ensure vendor master data is optimized to support business demands
- Support creation of MDM policy and ensure that the process is accurately documented to meet the compliance requirement
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification
- 10 years of experience in business operations, procurement, or commodity management
- Master Data Management (MDM) experience within a multinational organization
- Previous leadership experience of a global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various business functions and senior leadership, including C-suite
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Demonstrated ability of program management and process improvement
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data effectively with complexity and think strategically while balancing this with attention to detail.
- Global mindset and awareness of cultural implications to processes and tools.
- Excellent problem solving capability with creativity in providing solutions to new issues or in exploring alternatives.
- Black belt or leanmaster a plus.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.