The Global Process Owner (GPO) is responsible for the definition, governance, and on-going improvements to the Dentsply global Accounts Payable processes.
The GPO will manage a team of 27 including 3 direct reports and 24 indirect reports in York, PA and matrix manage a team of 8 including an AP Manager and 7 AP processors in Bratislava, Slovakia. The global Accounts Payable team is responsible to process vendor invoices using 4 ERP systems for approximately 40 North America and European locations. various month-end financial close activities specific to accounts payable.
This position will establish a consistent global process that efficiently meets the needs of the various Accounts Payable stakeholders: business unit leadership, procurement leadership, divisional buyers, finance, accounts payable team, and other business functions, as needed. The GPO must collaborate with sub-process stakeholders and peer process owners to ensure effective and efficient streamlining of process operations and identification and leverage of cross-process synergies.
The GPO will ensure continuous improvement of the Accounts Payable process. This may include standardizing or automating process steps, harmonizing data for consistent processing and reporting, identify and implementing new tools to improve accuracy and efficiency, etc.
- Lead the execution of a global strategy for the global Accounts Payable process, including associated policies and technologies
- Establish and communicate a clear vision for the Accounts Payable processes across organization
- Provide leadership and operational direction to the GBS Accounts Payable organization. Ensure Accounts Payable team members understand the missions of the GBS AP organization.
- Develop delivery strategies and performance metrics that ensure that the GBS AP organization supports the objectives of the Dentsply Sirona business units related to operational performance and cost improvement.
- Drive process efficiencies through the implementation of a global AP repositiory tool.
- Identify repetitive processes suitable for Robotics Process Automation and work with Business Automation team to drive RPA technology thus allowing AP team members to drive business analysis, process efficiency, and expansion of services delivered to internal customer locations.
- Actively engage and lead the business units to embrace the globally standardized Accounts Payable process.
- Drive process transformation and make key decisions related to the process. Work in conjunction with Dentsply’s service management function to develop target service level agreements.
- Review key performance indicators with Dentsply’s service management function at least monthly. Identify and track the root cause of service deficiencies and monitor activities executed for process remediation.
- Drive global deployment and adoption of process, with regional and local requirements customization as required
- Develop and translate strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process roadmaps; identify necessary resources (people and capital) to support the implementation of these strategies.
- Assess opportunities for service improvement and/or expansion against business objectives and determine creative means to implement new and innovative technical and process-based solutions.
- Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement
- Manage the Accounts Payable process with a focus on reducing process costs and maximizing investment returns
- Act as a key stakeholder to foster a business-oriented culture; continuously monitor the needs of the business
- Ensure that Accounts Payable processes are designed and maintained to ensure a compliant internal control environment, including ERP system access to related necessary functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting or other related discipline required.
- CPA, CMA or related certification preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Certified Accounts Payable Association (CAPA), Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP), or other related certification is a plus
Years and Type of Experience:
A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) and years of related experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.