PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Global Privacy Manager is responsible for supporting development and implementation of the firm’s Global Privacy and Data Protection Program with the goal of promoting compliance with all applicable laws and regulations globally, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert on global privacy regulations and partner with business unit Privacy Leads to design and implement policies and procedures, monitor and report on privacy and data protection issues, and investigate potential breaches.
- Support the development and implementation of the firm’s Global Privacy and Data Protection risk management and compliance framework, policies, procedures, and governance operating model by providing subject matter expertise, knowledge of T. Rowe Price and strong program management skills
- Serve as a subject matter resource and initial point of contact for Privacy Leads including:
- Educating, informing and training Privacy Leads
- Managing the resolution of issues that have been escalated to the Global Privacy Office, such as operational issues related to data subject right requests
- Providing global advice and support to enable business areas to achieve goals and strategies while meeting privacy compliance requirements
- Manage the collection of privacy metrics and prepare reporting for the Head of Privacy Officer to present to senior management and all lines of business on privacy and data protection issues.
- Assist with privacy impact assessments firm-wide and monitor compliance with applicable data protection regulations and firm policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the lines of business in the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance to support prompt and accurate reporting as necessary.
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- 10+ years of experience in privacy and data protection, including 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong experience implementing global privacy and data protection programs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive internal and external stakeholders to quick decisions in a collaborative corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability of applying privacy requirements to practical use cases beyond policy formulation and compliance
- Demonstrated track record of influencing senior management on privacy and data protection matters
- Demonstrated strong program management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment
- IAPP certifications preferred (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- J.D. preferred.